We are commercial property specialists operating across the UK. At Bruntwood, we’re committed to offering more than just outstanding office, coworking, retail and lab spaces. Everything we do is tied into our vision of building vibrant communities, whilst providing businesses with the support and expertise they need to grow.
From restoring unloved buildings and reducing waste to shaping and delivering green city strategies, sustainability has always been at the forefront of our business. As the first commercial property partner to join the Net Zero Carbon Commitment with the UK Green Building Council, we’re actively working towards a net zero carbon future for 2030.
As Business Analyst you’ll be working in a team of four, responsible for creating the functional and technical specification for a new product category by running a series of internal workshops and using a strong understanding of process mapping (UML) and software delivery.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating testing processes to check our developed software meets these requirements.
- You’ll scope projects; through the build & implementation stage to launch and post launch adoption
- Writing functional and technical specifications
- Using Excel to drive data reporting
- Working with Agile Software Development
- Coordinating with the senior leadership to implement the company’s processes
- Escalating problems to the relevant parties for resolution
- Collaborating as part of the Systems Architecture team
- Prepare, arrange and facilitate workshops
- Driving software development/validation activities
- Additional tasks in order to meet departmental, developmental or change objectives.
- Documentation of notes for projects
What’s important to us:
- A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel, Agile Software Development and Process Mapping (UML) – experience working within software development
- User experience and stakeholder management experience
- Lead by example with the drive to maintain the highest level of service whilst working with a sense of urgency.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the Systems Architecture team
- Drive efficiency gains throughout the business. Ensure KPI targets are met. Keep pace with change as the business develops and help improve working practices.
- Communication skills – the ability to clearly explain complex technical solutions
We really believe that if you’re brilliant to work with, you deserve brilliant things in return:
- Flexible hours either side of our core business hours of 10am-3pm
- Agile working, up to 40% of your working week wherever it suits you or your role
- 25 days holiday plus you get your Birthday off work – and if that’s not enough you can also buy & sell holidays too
- 24 hours a year volunteer time – there are endless opportunities for you to get involved in supporting the causes that matter most to you
- Sabbatical of up to 12 months so you can take a career break after five years with us
- Free Healthcare cash plan for all colleagues, so you can claim back medical expenses like optical, dentist & physiotherapy. We also offer free private healthcare cover on an opt in basis too
- Life assurance cover for all colleagues
- Up to 8% matched pension scheme
- Free all colleague share scheme starting at 5% of your annual salary each year (subject to hitting profit targets set the previous year)
- Discounts & cashback at leading retailers
- Enhanced maternity – 26 weeks fully paid leave
- Interest free loans to pursue your passions and apply for up to £2000 towards learning a new skill
There’s more to discover on our website as well as all the pioneering developments and projects we have ongoing.
In addition to what to expect within the role and your benefits, it’s good to know that you’ll be working for a business that gives back – The Oglesby Charitable Trust has donated more than £25m since it started out in 2001. Supporting charities across Arts and Culture, Education, Environment, Medical Research and Social & Health Inequality.
Our ambition is to make Bruntwood a truly diverse and inclusive place to work, reflective of the communities we live and work in. To help us to achieve this we encourage applications from ethnic minorities, disabled people, and those who are neurodiverse. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Apply Now Back to listings