Innovation Programme Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in driving Digital Innovation in the West Midlands, the UK’s fastest growing tech cluster in the UK.
As an experienced Innovation Programme Manager you will have had experience of running Accelerators or Incubation space, supporting digital start-ups on programmes funded by corporate sponsorship or public grants.
Building on your existing track record of delivering impact through your past programmes, this is the perfect next step in your career by shaping and driving innovation activity at our Innovation Birmingham Campus.
You will be joining the team at a pivotal time with major expansion of our campus at the heart of the newly formed Birmingham Knowledge Quarter in the year when the city will gain global prominence through the Commonwealth Games.
Your primary role will be to set up, launch and successfully deliver programmes for passionate entrepreneurial start-ups. You will be the main contact between these early stage businesses, our programme sponsors and the rest of the SciTech team in Birmingham, allowing you to have a significant impact on how these businesses grow.
Our Diversity ambition:
Our ambition is to make Bruntwood a truly diverse and inclusive place to work, reflective of the communities we live and work in. To help us to achieve this we encourage applications from ethnic minorities, disabled people, and those who are neurodiverse. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shaping and defining our Innovation Programme, including define the innovation challenges with our sponsors
- Overseeing the promotion of each new programme to attract early stage businesses and managing cohort selection
- Managing our relationship with businesses and the delivery of each programme
- Responsibility for delivering the programme outcomes for the sponsors
What’s important to us:
- A track record of running innovation programmes, building relationships with start-ups
- Programme coordination/management experience
- A passion for the Technology sector as you’ll be helping support disruption in this market with innovative, change driven businesses
- A relevant qualification in project management, business advice & guidance would be valuable
We really believe that if you’re brilliant to work with, you deserve brilliant things in return:
- Flexible hours either side of our core business hours of 10am-3pm
- Agile working, up to 40% of your working week wherever it suits you or your role
- 25 days holiday plus you get your Birthday off work – and if that’s not enough you can also buy & sell holidays too
- 24 hours a year volunteer time – there are endless opportunities for you to get involved in supporting the causes that matter most to you
- Sabbatical of up to 12 months so you can take a career break after five years with us
- Free Healthcare cash plan for all colleagues, so you can claim back medical expenses like optical, dentist & physiotherapy. We also offer free private healthcare cover on an opt in basis too
- Life assurance cover for all colleagues
- Up to 8% matched pension scheme
- Free all colleague share scheme starting at 5% of your annual salary each year (subject to hitting profit targets set the previous year)
- Discounts & cashback at leading retailers
- Enhanced maternity – 26 weeks fully paid leave
- Interest free loans to pursue your passions and apply for up to £2000 towards learning a new skill
There’s more to find on our website as well as all the pioneering developments and projects we have ongoing.
In addition to what to expect within the role and your benefits, it’s good to know that you’ll be working for a business that gives back – The Oglesby Charitable Trust has donated more than £25m since it started out in 2001. Supporting charities across Arts and Culture, Education, Environment, Medical Research and Social & Health Inequality.Apply Now Back to listings