We are commercial property specialists operating across the UK. At Bruntwood, we’re committed to offering more than just outstanding office, coworking, retail and lab spaces. Everything we do is tied into our vision of building vibrant communities, whilst providing businesses with the support and expertise they need to grow.
Where you’d be working:
Alderley Park, located just outside Manchester, is the UK’s largest single-site life science campus and has long held an internationally-recognised reputation for drug discovery. There are over 200 businesses based at Alderley Park, employing over 2000 people working in pharma and biotech in particular in the fields of drug discovery, medtech, artificial intelligence, diagnostics, analytics and medical communications.
There will be a lot to do on site and teams to collaborate with, however we are open to a conversation around flexible office/home working.
This video gives a bit of an insight into Alderley Park: https://vimeo.com/638569439
One of the projects this role will be responsible for delivering will be the design, procurement and delivery, through the RIBA work stages 1-6, of a new 100,000 sq ft commercial office building at Alderley Park, suitable for technology businesses. Subject to planning permission, the scheme will support the development of the Park as a world leading science and technology campus and is the first new build development at Alderley Park.
The Project Manager is a key, multi-disciplined role that delivers the built-environment development ambitions of business’ growing portfolio. This role is one that works as part of a team based at Alderley Park within a matrix but with the freedom to use your specialist knowledge and creative thinking, to solve problems that support your wider team to achieve their strategic goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Input into and contribute to company-wide projects/initiatives where related to your area
- Pro-actively seek and recommend improvements to ways of working
- Work with internal and external experts to select the appropriate procurement strategy for project delivery
- Work with the Head of Construction and Senior Project Managers on wider pieces of work which align to the business’ strategic objectives
- Work collaboratively with departmental colleagues to understand their business needs and priorities from a B&C perspective and provide support, expertise and advice
- Be responsible for the delivery of projects from minor to medium value and complexity, using innovative and progressive solutions
- Manage professional design teams through RIBA stages 1-4, ensuring that Bruntwood design principles and learning are incorporated, where appropriate into the design.
- Work with the professional team, to deliver RIBA stage 2-4 sign-off packs, and provide monthly reports on the progress of the project.
- Engage in schemes relating to building fabric, civil works, suite refurbishments and bespoke fit-outs spanning across offices, laboratories, tech and science environments
- Assist Senior Project Managers on major development projects including full building refurbishments, medium-rise new-builds and master planning activities
- Produce, implement and report on delivery programmes throughout the project’s duration.
- Lead the handover of projects from delivery to operational functions post ‘Practical Completion’, ensuring all snagging is closed out in a timely and clinical manner
- Work with H+S professionals to ensure that the contractors deliver a high level of H+S.
- Contribute to delivery compliance with company policies and practices relating to sustainability, CDM, procurement, asbestos management, etc.
What’s important to us:
- You’ll have a BSc, BEng, MSc or MEng degree or equivalent alongside commercial experience
- You’ll have a good understanding of commercial property, in terms of the physical asset, building pathology and remediation, deleterious materials, building regulations, asset planning and delivery.
- You’ll have a good understanding of design and construction related matters including project programming, the nature of a mutli-disciplinary professional team, the RIBA, risk management, CDM regulations and construction logistics.
- You’ll have a good understanding of procurement methods and contract types for consultants and contractors.
- You’ll be commercially minded and innovate to input into operational performance and returns on investment.
- You’ll be passionate about sustainability and have an understanding of our strategy and the challenges around sustainability in commercial buildings
- You’ll be passionate about health and safety, and ensuring that everyone goes homes from work safely from our projects.
- You’ll be inquisitive and stay up to date with industry and technical changes and legislation
- You will be able to work on projects, as required in Cheshire, Manchester City Centre and outer regions, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and other future locations.
We really believe that if you’re brilliant to work with, you deserve brilliant things in return:
- Flexible hours either side of our core business hours of 10am-3pm
- Agile working, up to 40% of your working week wherever it suits you or your role
- 25 days holiday plus you get your Birthday off work – and if that’s not enough you can also buy & sell holidays too
- 24 hours a year volunteer time – there are endless opportunities for you to get involved in supporting the causes that matter most to you
- Sabbatical of up to 12 months so you can take a career break after five years with us
- Free Healthcare cash plan for all colleagues, so you can claim back medical expenses like optical, dentist & physiotherapy. We also offer free private healthcare cover on an opt in basis too
- Life assurance cover for all colleagues
- Up to 8% matched pension scheme
- Free all colleague share scheme starting at 5% of your annual salary each year (subject to hitting profit targets set the previous year)
- Discounts & cashback at leading retailers
- Enhanced maternity – 26 weeks fully paid leave
- Interest free loans to pursue your passions and apply for up to £2000 towards learning a new skill
There’s also plenty more to have a look at on our website.
Our ambition is to make Bruntwood a truly diverse and inclusive place to work, reflective of the communities we live and work in. To help us to achieve this we encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people, and those who are neurodiverse. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Apply Now Back to listings