Cloud Network Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Flexera is looking for a Senior Cloud Network Engineer to join our SRE team. We’re a fast-growing, category-leading organization with ambitious objectives and a positive, inclusive culture. We’re looking for passionate professionals who want to grow their talents and achieve great things. If that sounds like you, we want to talk to you about joining our team.
As a Senior Cloud Network Engineer in our dynamic and robust environment, you are the go-to expert for all things networking as well as lead the ‘infrastructure as code’ efforts for Flexera’s AWS cloud presence. You will provide technical and administrative support for the AWS global enterprise network and mentor and train other Network Engineers.
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- Architect, Design, Deploy, and Support new and existing hardware / virtual appliances in support of current and future growth.
- Manage small to medium-sized projects and/or portions of large projects and assist in resolving issues and planning for new network services and connectivity.
- Lead the ‘infrastructure as code’ efforts in the public cloud.
- Build new monitoring and management capabilities for existing systems and infrastructure using your extensive scripting experience.
- Maintain network documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets in the configuration management database/repository.
- Continually review and improve workflows, documentation and procedures related to network deployment & life cycle including process and efficiency improvements
- Continually review and improve proactive network infrastructure monitoring to identify and eliminate potential issues & performance bottlenecks
- Proactively analyze network vulnerabilities and provide a strategy for mitigation through to delivery.
- Perform capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks with the development of mitigation / contingency plans.
- Provide on-call support through a team rotation.
- Work with SRE and software development teams to ensure technology process and support integration.
- Assist with annual SSAE16 SOC2 / ISO audits and any other compliance requirements as needed.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Extensive hands-on networking and troubleshooting experience in large, distributed environments and/or solid public cloud networking experience (AWS, Azure).
- Practical experience with network configuration automation/infrastructure as code (IaC) e.g. (Scripting with Python/Bash and DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible).
- Practical experience with aws cli, cloudformation and/or terraform.
- Strong knowledge & experience of TCP/IP, IP Routing principals and technologies such as VRF, BGP, OSPF as well as WAN connectivity technologies and architecture.
- Strong knowledge & experience of network & application layer firewall design, implementation & troubleshooting.
- Extensive practical experience related to LAN, WAN, VPN, and Load-balancer infrastructure in a Hybrid Cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- Strong knowledge & experience of multiple vendor products from Cisco, Juniper, PaloAlto etc.
- Extensive, hands-on experience with Linux.
- Ability to interact with executives, management, technical and line-of-business staff.
- Ability to work in collaboration with product development engineering teams
- Ability to mentor technical operations staff in appropriate technologies, as required.
- Participate in and guide architectural discussions.
- Strong understanding of IT production environments, operational strategies, mission critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Strategic thinker, ability to see big picture and develop roadmaps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented team player who will work towards meeting team commitments and ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- A passion for improving processes and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.
We encourage candidates requiring accommodations to please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.