Technical Support Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
The Senior Security Specialists at Flexera Software are respected for their sense of detail and quality; they turn every stone on their quest to verify and assess reported vulnerabilities and to ensure that customers and the community receive the most accurate Vulnerability Intelligence from Flexera Software.
If you have a passion for security, vulnerabilities, and exploits, then you may just be the candidate we are looking for.
Being part of the Secunia Research department at Flexera Software is not going to be easy, in fact it is going to be very challenging career opportunity. The art of vulnerability analysis and research has only become harder to master in recent years because software producers are building more security into their products.
Additionally, Flexera Software is currently actively aiding established employees of the Secunia Research department in pursuing certain certifications like CompTIA Security+ for example. As Secunia Research has strong ties to Flexera Software’s Security Team and Product Security Teams, such certificates can easily support career opportunities in security management.
- Analyze vulnerability information gathered by the Secunia Research departments’ robots within Web Applications, Open Source, Binary Applications, and Embedded devices
- Write up advisories based on analysis – advisories written by the Research team follows a very specific template, where information learned during the analysis is inputted into the advisory in a structured form Success measurement is the number of mistakes made. Grammatical errors, spelling, factual, faulty analysis
- Perform QA of advisories written by other team members in the future
- Ensure that Research stays true to its “no mistakes” mantra and QA advisories written by your colleagues. Success measurement is the number of mistakes found.
- Perform internal scripting tasks to automate and make processes more efficient (mainly done in Python, C#, and PHP)
- Analyze and document the core problems of specific critical vulnerabilities using debugging tools (e.g. IDA Pro, and BinDiff)
- Researching new vulnerabilities in high-profile products
- Analyze new and complex vulnerability handling problems and quickly guide and instruct other team members to ensure the team is aligned.
- Manage and prioritize the pipeline to ensure customer expectations are readily and most efficiently met.
- Aid the Flexera Engineering and Security Teams with the analysis of vulnerability reports. Provide feedback regarding their mitigations within the specific context and perform tests of the mitigation’s respective solutions.
- Passionate about Security
- A good interest and knowledge in software security, including Vulnerability analysis, reverse engineering, and disassembly in specific product contexts like security best practices.
- Programming experience (preferably C, C++, PHP, and Python)
- Operating system concepts – experience with both Windows and Linux environments
- Understanding of compiler specifics, operating system concepts, security models, and the causes of existing vulnerabilities and the potential to exploit them
- Reverse Engineering Capabilities
- Certified Ethical Hacker
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.
We encourage candidates requiring accommodations to please let us know by emailing email@example.com.