PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Store and Services Marketing are on a mission to become the engine of profitable growth that future proofs the PlayStation business for years to come. We will achieve this by providing personalised, relevant and inspiring marketing campaigns that add value for our Players and improve their gaming experience.
The Brand Manager for Services Engagement is responsible for the development of marketing campaigns to drive engagement with our relaunched PlayStation Plus service.
Reporting to the Global Manager for Services Marketing across Store and Services, this is a key role, accountable for building and developing world-class global marketing campaigns and partnerships that encourage our players to purchase and interact with PlayStation Plus.
What you’ll be doing:
The Brand Manager for Services Engagement will work across the following key areas of activity:
- Responsible for building global plans to achieve brand awareness, subscription intent and new customer targets for PlayStation Plus. Partnering with local territory marketing to activate the global strategy.
- Responsible for development of Acquisition campaigns for PlayStation Plus. Accountable for communications strategy, creative toolkit design, campaign execution, and post campaign reporting
- Working closely with PlayStation brand team to integrate Services into global portfolio engagement campaigns and Masterbrand comms.
- Responsible for leading influencer and partnerships strategy for services, including defining objectives, target audience & guidance. Closely collaborating with global partnerships team to establish ways of working.
- Managing relationship with cross-functional teams such as Esports, Channel Digital Sales, and Third-Party Marketing to providing services priorities & strategic input.
- Partnering with services trading/acquisition team to support commercial targets and provide strategic input / prioritisation.
- Recommending investment level for each campaign to Strategy & Planning leads.
- Setting KPIs, test and learn and investment strategies and recommend budget to Strategy & Planning leads to meet the GSS objectives.
The Brand Manager for Services Acquisition and Engagement will work as part of the Services Marketing team alongside a counterpart focusing on retention. They will be responsible for developing best in class campaigns, toolkits and partnership plans that drive the PlayStation Plus business. They will work closely with the Services commercial group in order to activate and bring to life commercial priorities, as well as working closely with the promotions and brand teams to inform how PlayStation Plus is featured. They will become a subject expert for PlayStation Plus and advise on priority marketing campaigns to drive revenue opportunities and meet agreed KPIs.
They will be fully responsible for their campaigns and must be willing to find solutions for executing plans within the new global ways of working aligning with key stakeholders across the GSS business and within the Store and Services marketing team to ensure execution of plans on time. The successful candidate will be experienced within the gaming industry, have a knowledge and experience with roadmap planning and creative briefing as well as experience with influencer marketing/partnerships.
They must be comfortable balancing multiple priorities in a fast-moving and complex environment and have marketing technical expertise in the space. The candidate must be comfortable analysing data and be able to build campaign plans through data led insights. Candidates will also have experience in an eCommerce focused role.
What we’re looking for:
- Digital Marketing qualifications
- Proven marketing experience in the gaming or subscriptions industries
- Experience in working in global / regional roles
- Working in eCommerce marketing roles
- Experience with influencer marketing/partnerships
- Experience in creative briefing
- Expertise in digital media strategy and execution best practise
- Proven experience analysing, working with and building campaigns through data.
- Comfortable managing design and media agencies as required
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.