HEAD OF CONTENT
Head of Content
IS CONTENT YOUR WORLD? READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT IN A BRILLIANT TEAM?
HERE is your chance to make a big difference within an exciting, growing agency.
We’re looking for an energetic, creative and knowledgeable head of content, who will lead on the strategy and delivery of all content, created for ourselves and for our clients. We want to hear from people who love learning about new subject matter and can deliver quality content across sectors and for multiple personas.
You will be providing responsive projects across a range of national and international B2B brands, developing content across the marketing funnel that resonates with target audiences and generates quality engagement.
If you have experience developing and implementing content strategies, ideally in an agency environment, and have the drive and enthusiasm to make a real difference to a small team doing big things, then this role could be exactly what you are looking for.
We need a natural ‘people’ person who cares about how well content is working as much as they care about its creation. You will be a multi-format content creator, comfortable writing longform reports and guides one day, following by short, snappy engaging social posts and email copy the next.
Experience in, and an understanding of inbound marketing and sales platforms such as HubSpot would be advantageous, but more importantly you will need to be well versed in managing relationships and leading clients through the content creation process, ensuring buy-in at every stage.
This role is central to our founding purpose of ‘doing our best and most valuable work’ for ambitious people and projects. We are firmly of the belief that good quality content gets results, and you will play your part in supporting the team to drive performance and growth for our growing client list.
This role manages the content process from strategy and ideation through to copywriting and optimisation, reporting back to clients on content success. We’re looking for an individual with a strong writing background who is unafraid to roll-up their sleeves and get creative to help us to deliver brilliant results.
We are a fast-paced organisation so you will need to be on the ball from the get-go, developing ideas and throwing all your efforts into every task.
Active Profile is committed to the wellbeing of our team and flexible working is the norm, mixing virtual working with office-based collaboration within a very fast-moving team. Your career development is important to us so you will have a supported personal development plan with training as required.
We are offering you the opportunity to join Active Profile at a very exciting time as we are experiencing significant growth, which is why we need to expand the team further. We are a virtual first agency with a base in Liverpool UK. We are therefore open to receiving applications from applicants from anywhere in the UK.
- Design, build and run content audits and assessments to drive key recommendations
- Dig deep to really understand different users/audiences pain points and turn them into action-driving content
- Develop content strategies for our clients to improve customer journeys and drive conversion.
- Oversee content distribution across owned and paid media channels
- Develop an integrated, effective and scalable process for content creation and maintenance
- Work with our performance marketing manager to monitor and report on content performance and provide strategic recommendations on next steps
- Test different content strategies and formats and report on key insights and learnings to continue learning and growing
- Integrate with SEO in order to develop and deliver content that improves rankings and boosts traffic
- Set and manage client expectations, deliverables and timeframes
- Work with the wider team to collect and use data to inform new content opportunities
Essential role requirements
- 2-3 years experience in content marketing & strategy development as well as implementation and reporting
- Proven track record of driving impact through scalable content marketing across the full funnel
- Good mix of data driven and creative thinking
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Hands-on, organised, and detail oriented while not losing sight of the big picture
- An understanding of the full marketing mix
- Excellent content writing skills
Desirable but not essential attributes:
- Experience using HubSpot
- Experience writing for SEO
- Account-based marketing
- Technology / SaaS experience
- Knowledge of technology vendors
- Google Data Studio
About Active Profile
Active Profile is a well-regarded public relations and growth marketing agency. We build strategies and stories that raise profile, engage audiences and drive growth. We have developed a ‘full funnel’ approach to communications and a campaign model which is scaling fast.
We believe that anyone can generate profile. We go beyond this to deliver profile and performance.
Our vision is to show the world how performance driven PR and marketing campaigns work.
As we grow alongside ambitious brands doing brave things, we embrace the fact it won’t always be easy, but remain committed to always doing our best and having fun along the way.
- Open collaborative working environment
- Flexible and semi-remote working
- Wellbeing programme
- Competitive salary
- Commission scheme
- Team profit share
- Pension scheme
- Increasing holiday allowance
- Training, coaching and development opportunities
We are able to offer flexible/hybrid working and are open to receiving applications from people across in the UK.Apply Now Back to listings