IT Support Technician (First Line)
We are looking for a hard working and reliable person to join our IT Team to initially provide maternity cover with the possibility of becoming permanent after the 12 month period.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to work both onsite and remotely so should live within a commutable distance of Liverpool City Centre.
- Reliable and conscientious – can be left to work alone periodically?
- Organised and trust worthy?
- Good with written and verbal communication – interpersonal skills?
- Polite and friendly with an approachable manner?
- Have excellent problem-solving abilities?
- Have willingness and ability to learn new skills on the job?
- Have a natural ability to prioritise and remain calm in stressful circumstances?
If so, we want to hear from you!
- High level of IT/PC Literacy
- Exposure and a good level of understanding of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office (2013-2019).
- Any exposure to server architecture beneficial but not required (Server 2008-2019).
- A basic understanding of computer networks and internet connectivity (including were possible networking hardware and VPN connections)
- An understanding of a process driven environment where every minute can count
- Skills to include:
- Active Directory
- Exchange Administration
- VMWare (ESXI and Vcenter)
- PC hardware repair and maintenance
- VOIP Phone systems (any experience)
- Office (Including 365)
- Antivirus (Sophos or similar)
- Exposure to any CRM beneficial
Education & Qualifications
- 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C (Maths, English and or ICT included) 7-4
- BTEC or equivalent in IT related field
- CompTIA A+ beneficial
- 1st line support with some 2nd line crossover, escalate to the IT Manager when needed
- Day to day technical administration including xelion phone system and email spam filter
- Respond to jobs delivered by numerous methods, Jira tickets, Email, Slack messages and Calls
- Prioritise and triage calls, escalate when necessary
- Document work completed on jobs/tickets and keep users up to date on progress
- Use IT tools to remotely support users and machines
- A mixture of RDP, Dameware, SCCM remote and other third-party tools
- Help maintain asset documentation of all hardware and software assets within the department/business
- Keep documentation up to date and in line with required compliance
- Includes help guides and installation manuals
- Deal with ad-hoc tasks to assist the company with ISO 27001 certification and Cyber Essentials Plus compliance
- Reimage laptops using SCCM for new starters and upgrades for existing staff.
- Work with multiple team leaders to arrange equipment for new starters.
- Order additional equipment new starters may need to be able to work remotely e.g. monitor, dock etc.
- Be able to write straightforward processes and keep them updated
Benefits & Culture
- Hybrid Working: We will support you to work wherever you work best, at home, in the office, or both
- Your Birthday Off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from “normal” and work differently
- Ongoing Training & Qualifications: Learning is at the core of who we are
- Creative Office Space: We have a ball pool, swings, popcorn machine, a gypsy caravan…
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what’s next?
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because we want to know you’re looked after
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. We love Christmas and it’s a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!
What We Do at Angel Solutions…
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of our products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that’s not all we’re about! We also strive to be creative and innovative in everything we do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.