Junior Data Analyst
- Able to quickly learn and retain knowledge about new domains, technologies and approaches?
- Thorough in your understanding of a problem, creative in your problem solving, and accurate in terms of your end product?
- Able to balance changing priorities to deliver your best work at the best times?
As a data analyst you will work alongside both our development and support teams, to provide in-depth analysis and knowledge regarding education and social care data, to enable them to create and support our products. As part of the data and intelligence team, you’ll play a role in:
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of our data.
- Discovering, understanding, and exploiting new data sets.
- Creating, managing and maintaining centralised databases.
- Experimenting and prototyping data analysis ideas.
- Optimising and automating data related processes.
- Undertake ad hoc data analysis and reporting for external partners.
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to a degree level, with a background in at least one of the following: computing, science, mathematics, statistics.
- Fundamentals of programming/knowledge of a programming language
- Strong data handling skills using Excel: Pivot Tables, Charting, Macros…
- Experience handling large data sets
- SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience with ASP.Net
- Experience with Python (and R)
- Technical support experience
- Knowledge of the education sector
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from “normal” and work differently
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who we are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- Charity Days: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know we have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what’s next?
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because we want to know you’re looked after
- Pension: After 3 months at Angel, you’ll be auto-enrolled in our company pension scheme
- Discounted Parking: Only 10 minutes walk away
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. We love Christmas and it’s a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!
What We Do at Angel Solutions…
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of our products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that’s not all we’re about! We also strive to be creative and innovative in everything we do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.