Software Test Engineer
As a Software Test Engineer you will help implement, maintain and execute automated tests across all our products to ensure our web applications are of high quality. We work with large datasets and our customers rely on our software to be accurate, available and performant. You will be a key role in making this happen.
The role sits within the development team, as we work very closely with developers and, often, in early stages of the development process.
You will be exposed to many technologies with the opportunity to gain experience in them, such as using API testing tools, C# and other programming languages.
We would expect you to have had exposure to test automation processes and tools, have experience using databases and be capable of writing some code in any language. However, we can help you learn and develop!
- Experience manually testing web applications (2+ years).
- Experience writing test plans and prioritising tests.
- Ability to identify tests that are good candidates for automation.
- Experience manually testing APIs, i.e. through PostMan.
- Experience executing UI automated tests, i.e. with Selenium.
- Capable of running basic database queries.
- Experience in Defect tracker tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience in Test management tools, such as TestRail or XRay.
- Experience writing UI automated tests in Selenium.
- Exposure to Selenium Grid for parallel testing.
- Writing automated API tests (Postman/Newman, RestSharp, etc.).
- Knowledge of C#.
- Experience performing complex database queries, ideally in SQL.
- Usage of performance testing tools, such as JMeter.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems.
Your typical day will include:
- Working closely with developers, designers and manual testers to prepare test strategies and automated test plans. Document these in Jira/XRay.
- Maintaining and executing existing automated test scripts in the UI (Selenium) or APIs (PostMan/NewMan). These are mainly functional, security, regression and performance tests.
- Run queries in the database to ensure data returned by our APIs is correct.
- Report bugs to development in a clear, concise manner.
- Perform bug confirmation.
- Monitor error logs.
- Participate in daily stand-ups.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from “normal” and work differently
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who we are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- Charity Days: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know we have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what’s next?
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because we want to know you’re looked after
- Pension: After 3 months at Angel, you’ll be auto-enrolled in our company pension scheme
- Discounted Parking: Only 10 minutes walk away
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. We love Christmas and it’s a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!
What We Do at Angel Solutions…
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of our products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that’s not all we’re about! We also strive to be creative and innovative in everything we do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.
The role of Angel’s Development Team is to build powerful web applications using an agile, iterative methodology and embracing new coding techniques all the time.