Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Groupand a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for an Environment Artist to work on a new, exciting, unannounced title.
As an Environment Artist you will work in collaboration with art leads and world designers to create man made structures and environmental props supporting mission game play and world building. We expect you to take your assets all the way from concepts/reference through modeling and texturing to final placement in the environment. You will also be responsible for the final functionality of your assets, such as setup of procedural variations, prefabricated constructions, lights, VFX and environment animations.
The role is a great opportunity for someone who is creative, collaborative and interested in being part of a new studio and growing organization.
- 3 + years experience working on published PC and console titles
- Experience creating environment art assets for open world or level based games
- Excellent modeling and texturing skills. Maya, Substance and Photoshop are preferred
- A good understanding of PBR and its workflows
- A great sense of technical excellence, functionality and problem-solving
- Strong communication and documentations skills and ability
- Passion for playing and making games within a team environment
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision
- Experience with Zbrush
- Experience with photogrammetric asset creation and workflows
- Creation of vegetation and organic assets
- Experience with level design and game mechanics
For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.Apply Now Back to listings