Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
Expansive Worlds is currently hiring a bright, enthusiastic and motivated Quality Assurance Analyst to join the development team on an unannounced title, in Liverpool. You will be centered in the QA & Dev team and will be working closely with many different people within the various development disciplines. The ability to help scope game features, analyze & solve problems, create test plans, execute daily testing, and communicate clearly is imperative.
Your main tasks will be to perform functional and qualitative testing of gameplay mechanics & work in progress features, as well as write and execute test cases. It will be your responsibility to report all issues in a bug tracking tool, and you will be expected to have the knowledge and ability to write bugs to a high standard. You are proactive and can constructively communicate concerns, and work within deadlines. Actively promoting testing, build reliability & content quality within development is key.
- Minimum 1 years of professional QA experience from the Video Games Industry
- Able to analyze complex, interconnected game systems
- Comfortable producing comprehensive and comprehensible test cases
- Console and PC testing experience is a must
- Experience of working with bug tracking/reporting software
- Excellent English (written and verbal), ability to describe complex information in a precise and detailed manner
- High social skills and great at communication
- Positive ways of identifying issues, communicating their impact and helping create test plans to minimize future issues
- Education in fields related to games or/and testing/analysis/problem solving
- Experience from working as embedded QA within a dev team
- Experience with debugging software and software crash outputs
- Knowledge of current and next gen technologies
- Understanding of the development life cycle throughout
- Proactive, confident in time allocating, planning and solution driven
- Experience of working closely with production and various disciplines to plan and schedule testing around various requirements
To thrive at Avalanche Studios, you need to be willing and have the ability to learn new tools and workflows. You have a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy team dynamic by seeing opportunities and highlighting limitations in a constructive way.
You can communicate to clearly establish common goals and align expectations. You are ambitious and are interested in pushing the boundaries of our user experience but can also skillfully balance this with the realities and constraints of the situation at hand.
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios. For this role you need to be able to work at our office in Liverpool. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City, Malmö and Liverpool. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
How to Apply
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Liverpool office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.Apply Now Back to listings