Avalanche Studios Group and its Expansive Worlds division are looking for a highly motivated Senior Animator to join our team.
Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and is best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
As a Gameplay Animator, you will be working with the art director, artists, designers and programmers to fully realise content and maintain its quality for our in-game characters/creatures.
This position requires you to take on a considerable amount of ownership and responsibility. You are expected to bring your passion, highly developed animation skills and creative problem solving to contribute to the project on many levels.
The ideal candidate has experience with characters, creatures and facial animations. Any experience with rigging and skinning would be a bonus. As a Gameplay Animator, you will contribute on many levels, both to the game and the company as a whole, working together with all other members of the team to make content that you and we will be proud of. You will be a key member of the animation team emphasizing project, division and company goals, providing feedback and mentoring junior animators to achieve their potential.
- 5+ years of AAA experience and with at least one open-world or free-roaming (or similar) game shipped
- Experienced in using Maya and/or MotionBuilder
- Skills in animating both human and creature characters
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- A strong driving force to produce animations of the highest quality and maintain our high-quality standards
- Strong experience with Motion-Capture data, both in polish and enhancement
- Accomplished observational skills coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing
- Good communication skills and experience in working in both a creative and technical team environment
- Animation, rigging, skinning, animation state machines and animation scripting
- Experience with facial animation and cinematography
- Experienced in bespoke animation systems, technical approaches, pipelines and their design
- Experience with multi-player related animation systems and open-world games
- Have a passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or your sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.Apply Now Back to listings