Senior Graphics Programmer
Avalanche Studios Group is currently looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer for our central technology organization. The role is open to any of our locations (Stockholm, New York, Malmö, Liverpool). Central Tech is our core technology team and responsible for developing and maintaining our proprietary Apex Engine. We innovate in areas that push the boundaries for what open world sandbox gaming means and improve, optimize and support our existing core technology.
As a Senior Graphics Programmer at Avalanche Studios Group, you will work with some of the industry’s most talented individuals that are developing our cutting edge, next-generation, open-world graphics engine. We at Avalanche Studios have a solid reputation for producing great looking open-world games, and this is a terrific opportunity for any candidate that wants to play an essential part developing the next incarnation of the engine that will set the bar for the industry.
You will be designing, developing, and enhancing high-level and low-level graphics-related systems within the Avalanche Engine. You will be working across the range of the graphics and rendering pipeline, addressing multiple hardware platforms, including next-generation consoles, and applying state-of-the-art computer graphics research to code that works under actual AAA gaming conditions.
We are in particular looking for a render generalist with an aesthetic eye who can work closely with our artists in making our world come to life.
- Research techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Take initiative and contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of engine and game production and development.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Develop and maintain plug-ins and stand-alone applications used in the creation and preprocessing of geometry, textures, etc.
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship.
- 5+ years experience of professional C/C++ programming.
- Prior experience working as a graphics programmer on at least one shipped title on current (or prev)-gen consoles.
- Good knowledge of modern rendering architectures and APIs – DX12, Vulkan.
- Solid background in rendering with experience in HLSL/Cg writing shaders.
- Strong math skills with excellent knowledge about 3D graphics algorithms and techniques.
- Low level profiling and optimization skills, ability to write memory- and cache-friendly code.
- You should be self motivated as well as work well in a group.
- Good English skills (both oral and written).
- You should be passionate about keeping up with the latest graphics technology.
- CUDA, OpenCL, compute shader experience.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures.
- Experience with developing art & content pipelines / workflows.
- Experience with writing code in Python.
- You should be passionate about playing and creating open-world games.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.Apply Now Back to listings