Digital Intelligence (DI)
We serve and protect those who serve and protect us. Attracting and retaining the sharpest minds is essential for a globally competitive Digital Intelligence. Our aim is to recruit the very best talent. At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include; hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns.
Our Digital Intelligence (DI) Business
Customers around the world increasingly demand information and technology solutions that deliver advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. Digital Intelligence is where BAE Systems designs and builds the solutions, adopting cutting edge IT for incorporation into products and services for our customers.
DI have a wide range of opportunities that will allow development and growth within one of the UK’s largest employers. We welcome applications from talented individuals from any background who are willing to grow with us. We can be flexible on what that means to you, depending on where you are within your career and personal circumstances. You will find friends here, so why not bring your friends too.
We welcome applicants who have never considered a career in the Defence Industry; join us and you’ll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work.
Would you like to you create and develop systems to operate from the Land, Air, Sea and Space. Systems that can allow a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network? You will be working as part of a team, integrating leading edge technologies to provide our customers and military services with information advantage.
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business: –
- That is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers
- Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged
- Where people are understood and valued
- Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business.
We are looking for a number of junior engineers, p to work in a team environment across the full engineering lifecycle. This role can provide you with the opportunity to continuously develop your skillset and progress through BAE Systems.
Your main responsibilities as a Junior Engineer will involve:
- System Integration, through life support and Test activities (functional and environmental)
- Liaise with team members to turn Hardware/Software design specifications into tangible supportable solutions
- Working within Agile, Scrum methodologies
- Hardware assembly and installation
- Peer reviewing of tasks and testing of infrastructure
- Provide critical feedback to continually improve and maintain extant and development solutions
- Supplier liaison – raising requests and support
- Requirements management
- Support the production of design specifications that meet the requirements;
- Researching current vendors and technologies and identifying where they may be incorporated into our future solutions and services;
- Performing modelling, analysis, prototyping and research to support new business opportunities.
Your skills and qualifications:
Having knowledge or experience in some of the following:
- Integration, Qualification & Acceptance
- The administration and integration of COTS hardware/software including MS Server and Linux operating systems
- Cyber security within IT environments
- Python, Java or other scripting/coding languages
- IP Networks, routing and security
- Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, Red Hat Virtualisation) and associated networking
- Provide second and third line support.
- Systems Engineering lifecycles
- Technical documentation
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban methodologies
Would be an advantage but not essential if you had experience in the following:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- RF propagation and/or communications standards
- DOORS requirements management tool
- 3D CAD Design
Preferably you will have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject (although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements).
What we are looking for in you:
You should have a can-do attitude and a passion for technology and experimentation, with the appreciation of systems engineering from design through to implementation. You should be organised and have good time management, and also feel comfortable taking responsibility for delivery and deliver within agreed timescales.
You enjoy working as part of a fast paced and dynamic team, and want to drive improvement, as well as embracing learning with the potential to take on increased responsibility and progress within the organisation. There will be opportunity for domestic travel and the potential for travel internationally in support of business activities.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.Apply Now Back to listings