Junior IT Learning Mentor
General Job Description
Have you built or modified your own computer? Designed your dream gaming system? Or are you just good at fixing IT issues for your family and friends? Do you know your RJ45 from your USB cable? Are you passionate about all things IT? If so, the Junior Learning Mentor role might just be the role for you!
We are looking for an IT fanatic who is looking to get into teaching and mentoring. Do you have the ability to successfully guide our learners throughout their IT apprenticeship programme?
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. As we continue our journey towards excellence, we have identified the need to recruit a Junior Learning Mentor who will specialise in guiding our learners through our IT L3 and L4 apprenticeship programmes. As a Junior Learning Mentor, you will join our dedicated team of Learning Mentors who deliver and provide outstanding assessment guidance to our on-programme learners. From day one, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of our IT apprenticeship programs, ways of working and learner journey.
Our IT Apprenticeship programmes have been designed to equip learners with the core skills and competencies they’ll need to thrive in an IT support role. They will learn skills including installing hardware and software, network troubleshooting and implementing security fixes for local and cloud-based systems. You will have the opportunity to achieve a Level 3 Learning Mentor qualification to help you develop the knowledge and skills required to deliver excellent assessment guidance and provide constructive feedback to our learners. Before you know it, you’ll be playing a crucial role in guiding your own caseload of learners towards the successful and timely achievement of their apprenticeship; having a lasting impact on their future life and career.
Our Junior Learning Mentor roles are a great way for us to grow our own skilled assessment team. We will work with you through a robust training plan to teach you the skills, knowledge and behaviours our mentors need to be the best and during your first 6 months we will steadily increase your caseload potential. Whilst working at a junior level you have the opportunity to increase your earning potential to £21,000.00 PA plus completion and retention bonuses. Our Assessment career ladder is a great way for individuals to grow professionally, if you are an ambitious, passionate individual with strong communication and listening skills who has the ability to guide and motivate learners then maybe this is the role for you?
Junior Learning Mentor Duties:
- To support Level 3 and Level 4 learners to achieve advanced apprenticeships through action planning of assessment plans, continuous feedback and support portfolio building throughout the apprenticeship
- Adhere to regular learner contact every 6 weeks completing a full robust review of learner progress using our SMART online classroom platform
- To deliver the Apprenticeship programmes to the agreed standard and maintain high quality standards at all times, adhering to service and awarding body quality assurance procedures
- To meet internally set deadlines for quality assurance checks
- Mentor learners with Assessment plans, setting timely and realistic deadlines and monitor progress whilst offering good quality feedback allowing our learners to reach their full potential at the End Point Assessment stage.
- To manage the effective use of revision applications and methods to enable the learners to succeed
- To attend standardisation meetings as required by quality assurance or centre coordinator and keep him/her informed of learner’s progress
- To liaise with customers and contribute to the monitoring of Health and Safety of learners in the work place
- To maintain accurate data management records and documentation, ensuring delivery and paperwork is compliant at all times
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To keep and maintain accurate records of assessment in accordance with service and awarding body requirements
- To offer outstanding pastoral care to our customers and be a support mechanism to grow learners confidence and knowledge.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Hold GCSEs (or alternative qualifications) A-C in English, Maths and IT
- Hold or have willingness to achieve an Education & Training qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with the use of IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to build relationships, rapport and a strong understanding with each learner
- An analytical individual, with an eye for and attention to detail
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in the IT, Software or Digital sector
- Previous experience of Apprenticeships
- Degree or Apprenticeship qualified in IT
- Specific knowledge of IT
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships (sector, standards etc.)
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours