Community and Engagement Manager
Bruntwood own, develop, manage and maintain properties across the UK. Our focus is on ‘Creating Thriving Cities’ which is evident across our website, so have a look to gain more of a perspective on what we do, and how we operate. Our buildings range from collaborative/modern office space, lively retail spaces (Afflecks Palace, Hatch), right through to innovative Science & Technology space.
Melbourn Science Park near Cambridge is Bruntwood SciTech¿s newest location, recently acquired in early 2021. Our vision is to develop the park by launching Lifespace, a new life science incubator, in partnership with TTP, that supports multi-disciplinary biotechnology businesses. It is the UK¿s largest single-site life science campus hosting Cancer Research UK, Medicines Discovery Catapult and one of the COVID Lighthouse Labs.
This role is all about networking and driving events to create a vibrant hub at the science park. You must love building relationships, a willingness to be proactive and engage groups through various mediums and have a good knowledge of resources in the Cambridge area to bring your ideas to life!
- Setting up and managing a bespoke and varied community and events programme for Melbourn Science Park that fosters collaboration, purpose and connection for our customers and their employees with their surroundings.
- Researching details of relevant business, science, social & wellness events and community activity available elsewhere in the Cambridge area in order to help us develop a differentiated programme
- Curating a programme of social, wellness and cultural activities based on the interests and needs of our customers and their employees; selecting and working with local partners to deliver these activities where appropriate
- Delivering the science and business related events that are curated by the Head of Science and Innovation Services
- Maintaining and promoting the overall calendar of events to customers and managing their successful execution
- Encouraging relevant local meetup groups to host events at Melbourn Science Park for the benefit of customers
- Collaborating with the marketing team at our partner TTP, based at Melbourn Science Park, in the programme design and execution
- Promoting the Melbourn Science Park as a destination for events to our partners and relevant organisations in the Cambridge area and managing bookings.
- Where possible, identify opportunities to earn revenue from events through sponsorship, ticket sales and income at the event (e.g. food and beverage) in order to reduce their net cost
- Supporting the Head of Science and Innovation to manage budgets to ensure that we maximise both time and value.
- Reporting attendance at events and capturing delegate feedback to improve take-up and quality
- Being an active member of the Bruntwood SciTech team, working with events managers across the network
What we are looking for:
- A passion for networking and proven experience of driving groups together is a must
- A self starter, someone who has ideas and wants the liberty to run with them
- Experience in events and setting up networking/community groups
- A positive attitude with the excitement to be part of something big
- An interest in Life Sciences and Tech would be a plus
In return on top of the salary above you will be entitled to:
- 8% matched pension
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare and enhanced Paternity/Maternity pay.