Group Graphic Design Lead
We’re looking for a Group Graphic Design Lead to work across Bruntwood group, including the Bruntwood masterbrand and our wide portfolio of brand extensions, divisions, place brands and new ventures.
The successful candidate will be comfortable developing new creative ideas and working at a conceptual level alongside senior stakeholders, while being detail and delivery-focused to ensure every brief is seen through to reality. They’ll be a clear communicator and at ease dealing with agencies, customers and colleagues at all levels of a business.
Working alongside the key stakeholders in the brand and wider design teams, their responsibilities include:
- Maintain an active engagement in current design and creative ¿eld, communicating news and events to the team and ensuring our creative is and stays best in class
- Collaborate with the design and brand team to identify new opportunities and services on behalf of stakeholders
Brand ownership, guardianship and development
- Own and utilise the Bruntwood Brand Guidelines, ensuring consistently on-brand high quality creative work. – Own the digital brand guidelines hub to make sure all content is updated, and all users have access to the brand information they need
- Work with the Brand team to identify, action and roll out strategic developments to the brand guidelines
- Own and lead on speci¿c brand-led projects, with a focus on projects involving the brand visual ID and the role of brand in our product and physical spaces.
- Work alongside the wider strategy team to manage or advise on key projects and campaigns, ensuring the Bruntwood brand is represented appropriately and has a positive impact.
- Co-ordinate and project manage speci¿c creative briefs from other departments, ensuring the creative output is in line with our business strategy and is re¿ective of our brand, values and purpose
Design and Art Direction
- Working with the and brand and design teams to ensure all design and creative briefs across the group are responded to excellently and e¿ciently
- Designing and developing multimedia based layouts, graphics and video for use on website, social media, printed literature and other digital media
- Keeping a keen awareness of media types and channels and utilising them to support your work in responding to a wide range of briefs, including internal and marketing collateral, video, photography, experiential/events
- Managing and tracking design projects ensuring work is completed excellently and within de¿ned timelines – Able to take direction while challenging briefs and demonstrating a strong creative drive.
Process and agency management
- Collaborative skills to work closely with the brand and design teams as well as key ‘client’ stakeholders.
- Owning and developing working methods and processes to ensure consistently high quality and e¿cient work.
- Develop excellent working relationships with key ‘client’ stakeholders across the group.
- Time management and tracking
- Maintaining and organising production ¿le archives
- Design quali¿cation to degree level or equivalent with a keen interest in brand, art direction, digital, and content creation.
- Demonstrable experience. Integrated agency background is a bene¿t but not essential
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in brand development, architecture and creating brand guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills