Innovation Programme & Events Manager
Bruntwood SciTech creates the environments and ecosystems that companies in the science and technology sector need to form, collaborate, scale and grow; including world-class office and lab space, a range of scientific services and specialist, tailored business support, along with connection that offer unrivalled access to finance, talent, markets and mentorship.
This role focuses on our Alderley Park site which is 1million sq foot in space, home to over 2000 Innovators who are changing the landscape of Life Science and Technology market.
This is an amazing opportunity to engage and support these businesses as they grow and disrupt their markets.
If you have a strong passion for innovation/entrepreneurship, then please read the details below to see if it’s the right fit for you.
Our diversity goals:
Our ambition is to make Bruntwood a truly diverse and inclusive place to work, reflective of the communities we live and work in. To help us to achieve this we encourage applications from ethnic minorities, disabled people, and those who are neurodiverse. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As part of the Innovation Services team you will be responsible for managing the delivery of innovation programmes & events for life science/tech businesses. Working with highly skilled professionals across the Bruntwood SciTech organisation to support and collaborate on projects.
You will be the primary interface between early stage businesses, any programme sponsors and the rest of the SciTech team across the North.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the entrepreneurs’ primary ‘point of contact’ throughout each programme
- Once selected, working with a new programme cohort to define individual objectives and designing the business support activities (workshops, events, demonstrations etc.) required during the programme to achieve these objectives
- Inducting new entrepreneurs and assisting them in making the most of their experience on campus in comfortable surroundings, escalating as required for specific business growth support
- Analysing KPI data and presenting for a variety of audiences – showcasing, promotion, management etc.
- Providing information to assist entrepreneurs to network with other specialist technical organisations, e.g. Universities, VC’s and signposting businesses to relevant resources (e.g. Sector Organisations, Growth Hub etc) and escalating as required to following initial connection
- Managing the businesses at the end of the programme and supporting them deliver their target outcomes (e.g. securing a commercial deal or investment) as well as delivering the exit procedures and updating communications and data systems
- Shape deliver and take the lead on a bespoke innovation and business support events programme across Alderley Park that fosters a sense of creativity, purpose and connection for customers and their surroundings.
- Develop the Alderley Park innovation and business support events strategy, maintain the events calendar and be accountable for the delivery of all events on campus, working closely with the marketing team to promote the events onsite and more widely.
- Work with operational and risk teams to create and embed event related systems, management plans, licensing ownership and team processes to mobilise and deliver all event types (from workshops to large outdoor pillar activations).
- Work closely with the wider team at Alderley Park and the customer community to curate an annual programme of relevant and engaging innovation events, activities and campaigns.
- Support events for startup companies based within Alderley Park relevant to their growth needs and acceleration journeys.
- Take the lead on reporting and closely manage costs and budgets to ensure that we maximise both time and value
What’s important to us:
- Experience of end to end event planning and delivery, with the ability to deliver and manage initiatives
- Experience of building effective working relationships, and of working in partnership with delivery partners, external suppliers and businesses
- Project management and report writing skills
- Stakeholder and partnership management
- A passion for science, innovation and entrepreneurship would be beneficial – taking job satisfaction from supporting a business’ growth within the industry
We really believe that if you’re brilliant to work with, you deserve brilliant things in return:
- Flexible working and a beautiful office space
- Up to 8% matched pension
- Volunteer time off – there are endless opportunities for you to get involved in supporting the causes that matter most to you
- 25 days holiday, buy & sell holidays (plus you get your birthday off work!)
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee share scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- We offer support with qualifications as well as providing other opportunities for learning and development.
There’s also plenty more to have a look at on our website.
Apply Now Back to listings