As a Business Analyst, your role will be to bridge the gap between the client and technical teams. Using strong communications skills, you will be liaising with project stakeholders to gather and translate project requirements for our development team and organise and execute project sprints using our project management software.
Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to an ever-evolving working environment and be ready to take ownership of the role – shaping it to match your skillset and pushing yourself to learn more every day.
- Helping to execute the delivery of medium to large size projects using an Agile-based delivery methodology
- Speaking to various project stakeholders, both internal and external, to help elicit project requirements
- Use our Jira-based project management software to translate and input project requirements for our development team to execute on
- Act as the Scrum master for some of our client projects
- Gain a high-level understanding of technology and the process we undertake to deliver our web and mobile app projects
Desirable Skills & Previous Experience
- 1-2 years’ previous experience in a similar Business Analyst role
- Knowledge of software and software delivery methodologies
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually evolving working environment
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Self-motivated and delivery focussed
- Knowledge of Agile project management and associated tools (e.g. Jira or Trello) is desirable.
What to Expect
- Type: Full-time, permanent
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours Monday-Friday with core hours between 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Salary: Competitive & negotiable based on experience
- Location: Manchester (City Centre) & Flexible Working Options Available
- Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays
- Pension: Entry to company pension scheme after three months’ employment; employer contribution of 5% of basic salary (on top of basic salary)
- Other Benefits: Company laptop, rail card scheme, gym subsidy, excellent maternity and paternity packages
- Performance & Pay Reviews: 1-week, 1-month and 3-month on-boarding reviews. Annual pay and performance reviews.
Benefits of Working at Cantarus
- On-the-job training – take part in regular training sessions run by our very own in-house experts alongside our formal Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program with allocated training time and budget,
- Learn from working with the best – it may be a cliché, but if you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room!
- Pension – plan for the future with our generous company pension scheme,
- After-hours takeaway – although we do not have a long hours culture, if you fancy working late one night, have a pizza on us!
- Relaxed atmosphere – join a friendly team who are always willing to lend a hand,
- Socialise – for those who like to mingle, we have regular company nights out as well as two five-a-side teams, a board games group and regular squash and tennis players,
- Project launch parties – we frequently celebrate project go-lives and other major company milestones,
- Gym subsidy – train your mind and body with 50% off your monthly gym membership fee.
Download Job Specification
You can download the above job specification for this role.Apply Now Back to listings