We are looking for developers that are equally talented at back-end and front-end development and can easily slot into our talented team building a wide-range of digital solutions for myriad high-profile clients around the world. Learn from a friendly and relaxed group of developers in a working culture that actively encourages team members to deepen their existing knowledge by learning cutting-edge technologies, best practice and multiple programming languages.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate and keen to grow and thereby deliver a significant contribution to the team in our fast-paced working environment. Our business is built on trusting and empowering our people, and believing that the best way to learn, is to do, supported by comprehensive training resources within the framework of a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. You won’t spend time waiting to start the ‘real work’, you will be placed on a project soon after joining and will be given the opportunity to develop your skills, build your experience and make a meaningful impact.
- Full-stack development on Microsoft .NET technology platforms (Microsoft .NET, .NET Core / Web API / SQL Server),
- Development using the latest front-end web technologies including React and TypeScript,
- Working with leading .NET-based content management systems e.g. DNN & Umbraco,
- Cross-platform Mobile App Development using React Native,
- Working in (on a project-by-project basis) small, agile teams, of 2 to 6 people,
- Maintaining code quality across the business with regular 360 code reviews, E2E Testing, and Continuous Integration & Delivery,
- Working closely with clients to map user stories to complex functionality,
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert for reference by our internal team and customers.
Candidates must hold a 2:1 or higher degree in a relevant discipline from a reputable university.
Desirable Skills & Previous Experience
- C# .NET / MVC / Java / Other OO Experience
- SQL Server
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- Umbraco and/or other CMS experience
- AngularJS / React / React Native
- Git / Source Control / Docker
- Front-end & Back-end (Unit) Testing
- Ability to adapt to a high-pressure, reactive working environment
- Self-motivated & delivery-focused
- At least one year commercial experience required; 2-3 years desirable
What to Expect
- Type: Full-time
- Working Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Monday-Friday; Flexi-hours Policy Available
- Salary: Competitive & negotiable based on experience
- Location: Manchester (City Centre) & Flexible Working Options Available
- Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays
- Pension: Entry to company pension scheme after three months’ employment; employer contribution of 5% of basic salary (on top of basic salary)
- Other Benefits: Company laptop and gym subsidy
- Performance & Pay Reviews: 1-week, 1-month and 3-month on-boarding reviews. Annual pay and performance reviews.
Benefits of Working at Cantarus
- On-the-job training – take part in regular training sessions run by our very own in-house experts alongside our formal Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program with allocated training time and budget,
- Learn from working with the best – it may be a cliché, but if you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room!
- Pension – plan for the future with our generous company pension scheme,
- After-hours takeaway – although we do not have a long hours culture, if you fancy working late one night, have a pizza on us!
- Relaxed atmosphere – join a friendly team who are always willing to lend a hand,
- Socialise – for those who like to mingle, we have regular company nights out as well as two five-a-side teams, a board games group and regular squash and tennis players,
- Project launch parties – we frequently celebrate project go-lives and other major company milestones,
- Gym subsidy – train your mind and body with 50% off your monthly gym membership fee.
Competitive & negotiable based on experience.
Developer > Analyst Developer > Senior Developer > Architecture RolesApply Now Back to listings