Graduate Infrastructure Engineer Role
A new Graduate Infrastructure Engineer vacancy has arisen to join us at Cantarus, an award-winning, Top 10 Digital Agency in Manchester city centre. This is a people-driven company whose focus is to develop our employees’ natural ability into exceptional skill by providing them with the best tools and techs, a Continuing Professional Development Program, and empowering them with decision making and a clearly laid career path.
The new Graduate Infrastructure Engineer will be self-motivated, hands-on, and passionate about delivering a significant contribution to the team in our fast-paced working environment. You will also have a desire to deepen your existing knowledge and learn new skills, as well as keep on top of all emerging technologies in your field in order to apply them to your role.
The new Graduate Infrastructure Engineer will be joining a small team of VMware specialists.
- Building and maintain multi-site VMware and vSphere environment and hosted virtual machines,
- Monitoring, maintaining, and extending our existing multi-site VMware vSphere environment,
- Installing, maintaining and supporting both Windows and Linux virtual machines,
- Working with Docker containers, hosts, and container orchestration tools,
- Building and maintaining client solutions on public cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, etc),
- Monitoring and supporting backup operations,
- Providing 3rd line support,
- Occasional out of hours maintenance and support.
To apply for the role of Graduate Infrastructure Engineer, you should have;
A degree in a computer-related discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Computing, Information Technology, Computer Networking, etc.
6-12 months experience in a role that has given you some exposure to at least 2 or 3 of the following, and an eagerness to learn the rest:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Azure
- Administration of Docker hosts and containers
- Management and installation of Microsoft Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server
- Managing and configuring firewalls
- Network infrastructure (Cisco switching, Load Balancers, etc)
- Knowledge of backup and DR technologies
As Graduate Infrastructure Engineer you will also be rewarded with an excellent benefits scheme, 25 days holiday, 5% pension, flexible working hours, not to mention a strong team of like-minded individuals who will be sure to accelerate your career growth.
For more information, please send us a copy of your CV or click on the ‘Apply Today’ button below, and all successfully screened applicants will be contacted directly with more information.Apply Now Back to listings