IT Developer – Nisa
£28,800 – £36,000 plus benefits (Work Level 6A)
We’re currently working remotely due to Covid. The future will see us working in a hybrid way, with a mixture of home and office working.
We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our IT team here at Nisa and help us develop and maintain easy-to-use mobile apps to help our partners run their stores from their smartphones. Since Nisa was acquired by Co-op in 2018, we’ve focused on combining the best of both organisations to offer something new to independent retailers and commercial wholesalers across the UK. More scale and better product ranges give Nisa partners a real competitive advantage.
In this role, you’ll spend a large part of your time working on our OCS app – an app that allows our partners to easily manage their orders hassle-free. We’ll look to you to develop new functionalities and maintain this app, as well as build on its success and develop new projects that’ll simplify and streamline processes and tasks for our partners. You’ll also get to work across other areas of our non-mobile roadmap and develop some of our other business systems too. If you have passion for development and experience in mobile environments, then we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to grow your career and make a genuine impact on our business.
What you’ll do
• develop and maintain Nisa’s current and future mobile application portfolio
• translate business requirements into functional specifications
• coordinate and work closely with our development team to devise and develop solutions and bug fixes
• develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the codebase
• create and maintain technical documentation
• produce ad hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
• identify inefficiencies in the codebase and investigate solutions
• diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues
• manage the application development in support of business operations
• design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to mobile applications and internal systems
• work closely with network administrators and trainers/testers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing
This role would suit people who have
• sound knowledge of C# (WPF and ASP.Net)
• experience of mobile development using Xamarin for both Android and IOS
• familiarity working with APIs
• the ability to effectively manage own time and workload
• an ability to work collaboratively with the wider team
• good communication skills with the ability to connect with colleagues at all levels
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.Apply Now Back to listings