User Experience (UX) Designer
£38,000 – £45,000 (Grade E16) plus excellent benefits
Manchester city centre (currently remote) with flexible working options available
We’re looking for a UX designer to join our Co-op digital team and help to create frictionless and useful user journeys.
The role will sit in our operational innovation design team, exploring and developing modern, practical digital services for food store colleagues. This interaction design role will work closely with user research so that effective services are prototyped, tested, built and iterated to make colleagues lives easier and more efficient.
As a UX designer, you’ll be working with other designers and engineers in a multi-disciplinary team, as well as contributing to the development of our growing design community. You’ll use research and data to build user journeys from the ground up based on solid interaction design principles. It’ll be down to you to test the design making sure it’s accessible for everyone, while keeping it visually compelling and aligned with our brand.
If you can bring us the interaction design experience we need, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that’s using digital to make a real difference.
What you’ll do:
• work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team to design digital services that meet user needs
• develop user experience based on research and insights
• deliver design work that’s in line with best practices for web standards acting as an advocate for accessibility in all aspects of the design
• use and contribute to the existing design system
• contribute to community of practice meetings
• share design knowledge across the wider digital team
• confidently communicate design decisions to other digital and wider business colleagues
This role would suit people who have:
• experience in an interaction design or user experience role
• a portfolio demonstrating good design process and practices (you will be asked to provide a copy of this when applying)
• a track record of working with user research to understand user needs, and making design decisions based on evidence
• a passion for identifying and optimising task flows
• the ability to communicate design decisions to colleagues at all levels across the business
• the ability to build positive relationships with partners across the business
• the ability to communicate through sketches and low fidelity prototypes
• previous experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
• a dedication to designing digital services that are accessible to all
• some app experience would be a bonus, but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/people policies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.Apply Now Back to listings