Junior Designer (UX)
Purpose of the role
Working collaboratively with designers, developers and other digital professionals with-in a product team, you’ll contribute to the creation of world-class products and services that meet the needs of real people, and equally, provide commercially successful solutions for our clients.
You will be working with-in the full product lifecycle by contributing to a range of research, design and experimentation methods. You will understand how your design activity is improving the product experience.
Role Band: 1
(Band Guide: 1:Junior. 2:Designer. 3:Lead Designer. 4:Head/Principal. 5:Director)
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity at Code. We are actively encouraging applications from black and ethnic minority groups and women in engineering.
Please note: Despite the impacts of COVID-19, we are still recruiting as normal. We have taken the full recruitment process digital, so will perform interviews, interactive sessions and the office walk around through web conferencing. We are also working remote-first, however, our fantastic city center office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time.
Role and responsibilities…
- Collaborative – working with other disciplines and clients in your product team to design innovative and effective product experiences
- Empathy – contribute to forming and testing ideas, designs and solutions with the needs of real people in mind.
- Experience design – balance user goals and business objectives with brand
Skills and experience…
- Support the design team and create a range of hi-fidelity solutions for things like, apps, marketing websites, software interfaces and digital services
- Support the design team with user research and testing activities
- Contribute in the creation of design artifacts as appropriate; for example, personas, user journeys, sitemaps, process flow diagrams, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes
- Motivated and enthusiastic about user-centered design
- Self-leadership – be responsible and accountable for your own actions and growth. Ensure you are always seeking to improve your work and the world
- Design activity – be responsible for supporting appropriate design activity to drive the product forward.
What we value…
We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
We value people who improve, continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them by working together effectively.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday growing to 30 days over time, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes, you name it…
Perks of working for Code
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme