Corporate Community Manager
Corporate Community Manager
Corporate Community Manager, based in Liverpool (with travel)
InnovateHer are looking for a full-time Corporate Community Manager based in Liverpool, to drive us forward at an exciting stage of our growth. To help us to achieve our strategic vision, we are looking to triple the size of our company network over the next two to three years; by working with new partners whilst also retaining our existing partners. We need you to deepen our strategic partnerships and ensure that our partners are satisfied with the service they receive. This is not a business development role, it is focussed on managing our existing partner relationships.
This is an opportunity for an individual who shares our values to get involved with developing the direction of an innovative social enterprise working closely with women of all ages to improve their prospects and raise their aspirations through education and coaching, whilst also helping to make workplaces more diverse and inclusive.
We need someone who is creative, flexible, determined and has strong leadership credentials. You’ll be passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and have a desire to make the cultural changes needed within the corporate sector to make workplaces more equitable. You’ll be happy to work autonomously and come up with new strategies and ideas. You thrive in a fast paced environment and relish the creative opportunities available in an innovative and growing social enterprise. You’ll be a true collaborator, working with all of our team members to deliver different aspects of the membership programme, whilst also working with external individuals and companies.
You’ll be a excellent communicator, with a flair for understanding what motivates people and an ability to quickly assess our partners needs and objectives. You may have a background in HR, people, recruitment, client services, project management, marketing and communications or PR. You have worked in companies of varying sizes, preferably within the digital / tech or STEM sector. You have experience in working with people and know how to manage relationships effectively, over long periods of time.
You’ll be incredibly organised and able to plan activities well in advance, with a keen eye for detail. You may even have some events management experience. You’ll be happy taking responsibility for your own projects and deliverables, whilst reporting regularly to the Directors. You’ll be comfortable talking strategy to senior individuals within larger corporate organisations and have the courage to tackle difficult conversations, should they arise.
Crucially, we need a real people-person: someone who can build trusted partnerships including with large corporations and SME’s, across a broad range of sectors. You’ll be comfortable with representing InnovateHer at events and a confident public speaker. We also need someone who is comfortable with data, someone methodical, target focused and strategic, who can work with our Directors to drive a shared vision. Finally, we need a self-starter: someone committed, tough, and entrepreneurial; who is passionate about developing InnovateHer over the coming years.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage relationships with our corporate partner network, including liaising with senior people at large organisations such as Liverpool Football Club, Sony, Shop Direct and Coop.
- Develop and evolve the suite of services we offer to corporate partners including consultancy, events, workshops, recruitment support.
- Work closely with our Marketing and Events manager, to ensure that communications to partners are timely, relevant and in our tone of voice.
- Maximise publicity relating to the impact we create through the network and our partner member news, working with our external PR agency and internal marketing function.
- Set KPI’s for our partnerships and monitor the impact we create, reporting on this to the senior leadership team and also back to our partners regularly.
- Take responsibility for managing and delivering a suite of events for corporate members, such as regular local catch up meetings, knowledge based workshops and larger regional events, with support from the Marketing and Events function.
- Work with the Directors of InnovateHer to grow the corporate partner network, including identifying potential companies to approach and contributing to online strategies utilising tools such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Attend networking events to represent InnovateHer and raise awareness of our network. Be a representative of InnovateHer, taking part in events regularly as a public speaker.
- Provide Equality, Diversity and Inclusion consultancy services to our higher tier members as required, or identify an external consultant from our network to assist.
- Maintain a database of speakers, consultants and freelancers who can assist with the delivery of membership services.
- Review and develop the content of our corporate workshops, events and courses for adults.
- Manage the on-boarding of new members, working with Directors.
Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum 4-5 years of work experience in a commercial environment and / or managing corporate client relationships, preferably in STEM related sectors.
- An understanding and a passion for Equality Diversity and Inclusion, specifically gender diversity and issues relating to women in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of G-suite tools (Drive, docs, email), Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and collaboration tools (Trello, Slack).
- A background in either HR, people, recruitment, client services, project management, marketing and communications or PR.
- Events management experience would be desirable.
We are on a mission : To get girls ready for the tech industry and the industry ready for girls.
We run three strands of activity to help us achieve this – our award-winning school programme, our industry membership network and campaigning to raise awareness on a national level.
To find out more, visit the our story page.
Our company membership network
We firmly believe that it is important to create inclusive and more equitable workplaces for the next generations to thrive within.
We’ve been running our membership scheme for over two years in Liverpool, and have achieved many successes as a collective. The next phase, which includes many of our founding members, will build upon past successes by enhancing our membership offering and building a larger network across Liverpool City Region and the rest of the U.K.
In brief, the company membership currently covers;
- Recruitment support to enable companies to hire diverse talent,
- Raising the profile of companies who truly care about equality and diversity,
- Support to create inclusive cultures and make a range of internal changes,
- Sharing of best practice relating to Equality, Diversity and inclusion between members,
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities for teams through assisting with the delivery and/or design of our schools programme.
The company membership network directly funds the work we do in schools and provides a mechanism for us to sustain the work we do, so this role will be a very important part of our growing team.
Based in Liverpool at our Head Office: Office 10, 12 Jordan Street, Liverpool, L1 0BP.
Travel to our office in Manchester city centre will be required at the Federation Building, 2 Federation Street.
Regular travel is required to areas within Liverpool and Manchester. Occasional travel more broadly within the U.K may also be required. Having your own transport would be advantageous.
What we offer:
This is a full-time role 40 hours a week. The salary is £26-30k, dependent on your experience.
What else you’ll get from us:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be an integral part of our rapidly growing social enterprise. We promise you a vibrant, inspiring and positive working environment with supportive co-workers and plenty of opportunities to grow and develop as the business grows.
This is a mid level role at the company, which comes with public profile and responsibility. You’ll be a key part of the decision-making from the start, and the role will provide you the creative freedom to really shape how InnovateHer grows.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home / remotely
- 28 days annual leave, birthdays off, plus full office shut down at Christmas
- The option to join a contribution pension scheme with NEST
- Access to our feminist book library!
- A supportive team environment
- The chance to be part of something which has a real and lasting impact on young people’s lives
- Training and development opportunities tailored to your personal development plan
- Integration into a thriving community network of businesses and innovators in the community.
InnovateHer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are operating a blind recruitment practice at stage one, which means we do not require your name or gender at this stage.
Deadline for applications: By 30th May 2019
First interview (by phone / remote): 14th June 2019
Second interview (in person): 19th June 2019
Notification of decision: By end of June
Interested? Apply nowApply Now Back to listings