Senior Application Security Engineer
We are looking to hire a Senior Application Security Engineer to work with our Head of Security to build out a scalable Cyber Security Service as we continue to scale globally.
We have experienced extreme growth over the past 6 months and as such are building a dedicated Security team to take responsibility for our end to end security architecture.
We are looking for an experienced individual who can drive the company’s security strategy and who has had exposure to large scale infrastructures. You will embed yourself within our Product and Engineering teams to encourage the adoption of best-in-class security discipline.
- Advise and consult on risk assessment, threat modeling, code review, and vulnerability remediation
- Provide expert advice on developing secure architectures
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
- Improve and drive application security.
- Evangelize security best practices
- Build security into our SDLC, participate in security design reviews, steer the team towards safe and reliable solutions, coordinate 3rd party penetration tests, etc
- Build automation and monitoring to enforce security policies and detect threats
- Build safe-by-default guardrails for engineers to use
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Assist fellow employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware or IT needs
Skills and Abilities:
- Significant experience and detailed technical knowledge in multiple areas of: security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Proven work experience as an application security engineer
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the common languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
- Experience in web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Experience designing and/or reviewing the security of systems in conjunction with a development team
- Experience in risk identification, secure software design, secure architectures, security testing, or vulnerability detection or remediation
- Hands-on experience in different SAST, DAST and IAST systems
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in Cloud environment (AWS/Terraform experience is a plus)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Can demonstrate exceptional communication skills, with a talent for conveying highly technical security concepts to colleagues of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Who we are:
Our mission is to help people take control of the money they’ve earned. We are made possible by Greensill, who have been helping small businesses get paid quicker for almost a decade.
From London to San Francisco to Sydney, we’re making real-time pay work for real people.
We’d love you to join this movement.Apply Now Back to listings