Software Development Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Flexera is developing solutions that global enterprises use to turn IT insight into decisive action, and we’re looking for smart, collaborative and enthusiastic software engineers to help deliver on that promise.
You will join a new development team being formed to extend development on one of our flagship product lines. The team will develop new features, and be involved in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, architecture and design, UX and wireframes, to coding, testing, documentation and maintenance. We are looking for people with a range of experience levels and backgrounds to build out a well-balanced team.
What you’ll do:
– Actively participate as a member of a team performing software engineering activities including new feature design & development, maintenance and support.
– Operate according to Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) principles.
– Contribute your knowledge and expertise to the Flexera ecosystem of internal stakeholders, partners and customers through channels such as internal discussions, our community site, customer, support, knowledge base, etc.
– Work closely with other teams both within the Engineering and Support department, as well in other departments such as Product, Solutions Engineering and Consulting Services.
– Promote the constant improvement of product quality, security and performance.
You’ll be expected to have:
– Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as Software Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
– Experience in developing software applications, and be able show us your personal/work projects.
– Experience developing with any of the following technologies or domains will be positively regarded: IIS-based web applications, microservices, web services, Jenkins CI/CD pipelines, IBM Cognos Analytics, data modelling, DevExpress, and software license & asset management.
– Experience developing or working with any of the following products that our product integrates and works with will also be positively regarded: IBM BigFix products, BMC Discovery/ADDM, Citrix Xen*
products, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft App-V, Oracle Database, ServiceNow, VMware vSphere/vCenter/ESXi, Tanium.
– Ability to solve problems, reason about software, approaches, expectations, and performance from a high level.
– Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence to work with people within and across teams.
– Ability to thrive in an exciting, fast-paced and unpredictable environment.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.Apply Now Back to listings