We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
You will join the IT Visibility Team in Belfast. We started with a blank canvas and have ownership of the product and technical solution. We are developing with some of the most modern technologies, including distributed graph databases, Go, and Amazon Web Services. We now want to add a further exceptional software engineer who will become a key contributor to the Flexera team during an exciting time for our product roadmap.
- Actively participate as a member of a team performing software engineering activities including new feature design & development, maintenance and support
- Understand and contribute to our ambitious technical roadmap for Flexera IT Visibility
- Propose new, innovative solutions to provide Flexera’s users with a rich, intuitive and responsive experience
- Demonstrate your passion and skill in the design and construction of robust, scalable services and secure applications
- Adopt and refine SCM and DevOps processes to facilitate agile development
- Work within CD/CI environments to push code to production
- Support the Belfast team’s culture of respect, excellence and trust; confidently promote our team’s principles and culture across the organisation
- Become familiar with all aspects of the Flexera IT Visibility product and be willing to contribute on any component
- Demonstrate technical knowledge in terms of code quality, design patterns, and collaboration with the rest of the team
To be successful the engineer will need to have some (if not all) of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as Software Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable experience with a mainstream all-purpose programming language – as our technology stack is centred around Go, experience with this is desirable but not essential
- A proven and respected engineer with experience in the delivery of successful applications at scale
- Experience of Unit Testing and Test Driven Development
- Comfortable with modern SCM for various types of development life cycle
- An understanding of containerisation and microservices architecture
- Sound understanding of cloud computing principles including security, high-availability and automation – AWS experience is desirable
The following personal qualities are desired:
- Passionate about self-learning and active in the (local or online) tech community
- Highly motivated and relentless in solving problems
- Demonstrates a natural creativity in completing technical tasks
- Prepared to go the extra mile when the team is up against it
- Achieves the right balance of confidence and respect
- Challenges the status-quo when necessary
The role will offer you in return:
- A rare opportunity to be part of a team developing a new product
- A team which values trust and community
- Significant responsibility for building applications central to Flexera’s business
- Opportunity to build a green-field solution on modern cloud architecture using the most advanced engineering principles
Exceptional candidates who do not meet some of the above criteria may be considered if they have relevant alternative experience.
Flexera is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.
We encourage candidates requiring accommodations to please let us know by emailing email@example.com.