Due to the fast moving pace of Greensill and reviewing existing architecture there is a need for a Technical Author to facilitate the production of technical documents for various engineering teams.
As a Technical author you will produce technical information such as instructions to help users get to grips with all kinds of technology. The material you will write is designed to allow their audience to use a particular gadget, Web application, or understand a subject.
- Manage document repositories
- Producing documents that can be used by users of varying technical skill levels
- Documenting user guides that will support users in:
- Technical users to install software
- Provide guidance to users in how to use software
- General Support
- Documenting architecture
- Meeting colleagues to discuss technology and authoring requirements
- Deciding how best to organise and present the document
- Commissioning any photographs or illustrations required
- Writing the material clearly and concisely, making sure it can be easily understood editing, proofreading and indexing
- Testing the written material with users.
- Working on and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Creating work schedules
- Marketing – publicising services and skills to internal customers
- Keeping up to date with developments and trends in the industry and attending training courses.
Skills and Abilities:
- Eye for detail
- Technical working knowledge in
- Sense of narrative
- Ability to articulate meaning
- Ability to liaise with technical and non technical colleagues
o Acts with honesty and integrity
o Curious and resourceful – seeks out difficult questions and finds solutions
o Resilient, able to learn from mistakes and move forward
o Flexible, adaptable and able to deal with ambiguity
o Collaborative, thrives when working towards shared goals
Our culture is founded in a commitment to challenging the status quo.
To help make finance fairer for everyone, we’re changing the way Working Capital Finance works. Our diverse, global offices combine bright thinkers from different backgrounds working autonomously and creatively to find new ways to re-invent the industry.
We’re not afraid to fail, pivot and adapt when it comes to our products and believe that our people should be given the same opportunities to pave their own path. Our dynamic structure and agile organization means everyone, in every team can make an impact and find purpose and pride in their work.
We love trying new things, and most days you’ll find us ‘innovating on the fly’, pushing the limits of what’s possible to create new solutions to seemingly impossible challenges. We’re data-driven and tech-focused, but still centred around our customers. As active problem-solvers, we also firmly believe that just because that’s the way it’s always been, doesn’t mean that’s the way it should be.
We’re a tight-knit bunch, who are proud of our heritage, and like nothing better than welcoming new people to the team. In fact, working as a team is at the heart of everything we do – from our diverse and inclusive global family to a truly accessible, flat structure than encourages transparency and participation in all aspects of the company.Apply Now Back to listings