We are one of the world’s leading software providers for secured, business-to-business lending software, used by 135 banks and financial institutions across the world.
The company HQ is in Wimbledon, South West London, and offers an excellent office environment. The company also has satellite offices in California and Sydney to service clients in those regions, with commercial representatives in the US, Greece and Singapore.
Our flagship product is Lendscape, which supports a range of working capital financial solutions such as factoring, invoice discounting, supply chain finance, and asset-based lending (ABL). We are also developing an Asset Finance system, to be launched in 2021, enabling us to support the full range of secured lending products available to businesses.
We have 165 employees globally, who sell, develop, maintain, and support our technology.
The company culture is friendly and supportive, and as an employer, we offer a wide range of benefits including a complete Wellness Plan (health insurance, EAP, Cash Plan, Gym membership, etc.) to attract and retain talent. We also recognise the importance of providing flexible working arrangement and career-enhancing opportunities. We focus on developing all our employees and building a strong leadership team to allow the business to scale.
We believe in supporting the community in which you work, and to that end, we are proud to participate in a wide range of philanthropic efforts.
Please note, the role is currently remote and there is flexibility on the location within the UK, however, there will be a requirement to attend the office once government guidelines permit.
Job role: Developer/Senior Developer
Location: Greater London, Wimbledon
Salary: £40,000 – £65,000
Developers are responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the company’s software products. As a Developer, you will be allocated to a team (i.e. Squad), with a Squad Leader or, as the company requires, seconded to the Delivery or Client Services area to provide technical assistance directly to the customer. You will specialise in Development and be expected to develop your skillset on a continual basis to cover the broad technical skills of software development in line with your ability and with appropriate consultation and direction.
Required Skills and competencies
- Proven hands-on software development experience
- Proven experience in the programming language being used
- Proven experience with unit testing
- Experience in using git and Spring Framework
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Understanding of JVM memory management and garbage collection
- Familiarity with key libraries, like JUnit and Jackson
- Experience with microservices an advantage
- Experience with Atlassian toolset an advantage
- Proactive in assigned duties
- Manage own workload as well as work in collaboration with other members of the Squad
- Ability to work at our client’s offices, as required
- Private Medical Cover
- Cash Benefits Plan
- Travel Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Family Friendly Policy
- Remote Working Policy
- Flexi Time Policy
- Volunteering Scheme
- And many more!