Front End Developer
We are one of the world’s leading software providers for secured, business-to-business lending software, used by 135 banks and financial institutions across the world.
The company HQ is in Wimbledon, South West London, and offers an excellent office environment. The company also has satellite offices in California and Sydney to service clients in those regions, with commercial representatives in the US, Greece and Singapore.
Our flagship product is Lendscape, which supports a range of working capital financial solutions such as factoring, invoice discounting, supply chain finance, and asset-based lending (ABL). We are also developing an Asset Finance system, to be launched in 2021, enabling us to support the full range of secured lending products available to businesses.
We have 165 employees globally, who sell, develop, maintain, and support our technology.
The company culture is friendly and supportive, and as an employer, we offer a wide range of benefits including a complete Wellness Plan (health insurance, EAP, Cash Plan, Gym membership, etc.) to attract and retain talent. We also recognise the importance of providing flexible working arrangement and career-enhancing opportunities. We focus on developing all our employees and building a strong leadership team to allow the business to scale.
We believe in supporting the community in which you work, and to that end, we are proud to participate in a wide range of philanthropic efforts.
Please note, the role is currently remote and there is flexibility on the location within the UK, however, there will be a requirement to attend the office once government guidelines permit.
Job role: Front End Developer
Location: London (Wimbledon)
Salary: £45k – £55k
In your role as Front End Developer, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features in the user interface; ensuring corrections and changes enhance the commercial opportunities of the product and the product group; new developments are designed to fit elegantly into the current product and are designed with future developments in mind.
Responsibilities & Duties: –
- Understand the functionality of the software through Epics, Stories, Use Cases, specifications and investigation
- Design, develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, deploy, maintain and document HPD’s Lendscape software
- Interpret enhancement requests and devise new or changed functionality in the most cost-effective and appropriate manner
- Update the data model when appropriate
- Liaise with the technical designers and Test and Support Teams to provide suitable handover
- Deliver to agreed timescales
- Adhere to agreed development and documentation standards
- Undertake peer reviews and quality assurance processes to ensure the filtering of errors and the promotion of quality throughout the product
- Participate in specification discussions or workshops to ensure all parties have a clear understanding of the scope and content of proposed changes
- Initiate, and participate in, discussions concerning the design, architecture, development and deployment of the software
- Provide experience and expertise to other members of the product group to support the commercial interests of HPD
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients and non-technical staff to ensure a high quality of product delivery and effective support
- Provide on-site and on-call support as required Identify opportunities and participate in an ongoing programme of process improvements to deliver commercial and strategic benefits to the product and HPD
Required Skills and competencies
- Excellent knowledge of React
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript
- Experience of GraphQL
- Proven experience with automated testing platforms, unit tests and static code analysis
- Familiarity with continuous integration, gradle, git and other build tools an advantage
- Familiarity with Atlassian toolset an advantage
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience in a business environment
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Willingness to learn
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies such as Scrum an advantage
- Knowledge of asset based lending, asset finance or other financial services an advantage