Head of Marketing
We are one of the world’s leading software providers for secured, business-to-business lending software, used by 135 banks and financial institutions across the world.
The company HQ is in Wimbledon, South West London, and offers an excellent office environment. The company also has satellite offices in California and Sydney to service clients in those regions, with commercial representatives in the US, Greece and Singapore.
Our flagship product is Lendscape, which supports a range of working capital financial solutions such as factoring, invoice discounting, supply chain finance, and asset-based lending (ABL). We are also developing an Asset Finance system, to be launched in 2021, enabling us to support the full range of secured lending products available to businesses.
We have 165 employees globally, who sell, develop, maintain, and support our technology.
The company culture is friendly and supportive, and as an employer, we offer a wide range of benefits including a complete Wellness Plan (health insurance, EAP, Cash Plan, Gym membership, etc.) to attract and retain talent. We also recognise the importance of providing flexible working arrangement and career-enhancing opportunities. We focus on developing all our employees and building a strong leadership team to allow the business to scale.
We believe in supporting the community in which you work, and to that end, we are proud to participate in a wide range of philanthropic efforts.
Please note, the role is currently remote and there is flexibility on the location within the UK, however, there will be a requirement to attend the office once government guidelines permit.
Job role: Head of Marketing
Location: London (Wimbledon)
Salary: £75,000 – £80,000
As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will be reporting directly to one of the members of the Executive Committee. The objective of this role is to lead the inbound and outbound marketing function for the business and generate organic and new pipeline growth. You will be required to engage with Senior Management Team members to develop clear value propositions for our range of products and services, by segment.
The role will be responsible for managing the global brand strategy, creation and overseeing the execution of plans for demand generation campaigns across ABM, digital, email, PR, social and events. You will find new and innovative ways to fill the top of the funnel with opportunity pipeline, initiate regional and global nurture campaigns (Pardot), all while working towards an outlined revenue target. In addition to the above, and in order to be successful in this role, you will need to manage two marketers, external agencies and oversee the global marketing budget and spend.
Responsibilities for the position of Head of Marketing include:
- Reporting Marketing progress and KPIs to the Exco and Senior Management Team in line with agreed targets across demand gen, ABM, webinars, physical events, PR & social
- Working closely with Global Commercial Leaders developing integrated marketing strategies that drive qualified marketing leads (existing client base and new prospects)
- Defining what a lead will be for the Commercial team, and develop and ensure CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) with digital agency and Marketing Ops Specialist
- Developing an ABM marketing strategy to support sales and commercial teams with revenue generation
- Working with Pardot to develop targeted nurture campaigns
- Utilising digital marketing channels to create engaging campaigns for prospects
- Working with Content and Communications Manager to build sales & marketing collateral as well as develop brand awareness
- Developing go-to-market strategies to launch new products and open up new markets
- Successfully manage and develop the existing marketing team & marketing agencies
- Managing budget spend and ensuring ROMI is tracked monthly and monitoring and reporting marketing attribution
- Managing and developing a commercially focused marketing team with global remit to support sales teams in EMEA, APAC & NORTH AMERICA
Required Skills and competencies
- BA in Marketing, Business Management, Media, International Communications, or related field
- CIM Certificate / CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing/Leadership in Marketing
- At least five years of high-performance senior ABM experience in an international setting
- Proven ABM strategy development and execution experience
- The ability to create manage and oversee multiple complex nurture flows
- Lead the development of a coherent demand generation strategy and oversee execution across all channels (multi-agencies)
- Strong multichannel marketing campaign experience, ranging from ideation to execution and optimisation
- Excellent command of the English language with traditional writing skills and expertise
- Very strong analytic skills and the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the levers of campaign optimisation
- Demonstrable experience in creating campaigns based on customer insight / industry trends (preferably Finance & Banking)
- Have successfully managed Content Marketing & Marketing Operations functions
- Worked closely with sales leaders to achieve revenue targets
- Understand the fundamentals of paid marketing and be able to demonstrate current insight into what works
- Have marketed to a highly targeted audience (C-level)
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate thought leadership activities and commission content (internal and through third party subject matter experts)
- Have a track record of using digital channels to drive demand
- Solid experience of a marketing text stack of intermediate complexity with an interest in the business domain and a view on how to evolve
- Track record of high-performing outbound email campaigns – and demonstrate knowledge of the latest practises in email marketing
- Strong SaaS/Tech background
- Multilingual skills desirable