We are one of the world’s leading software providers for secured, business-to-business lending software, used by 135 banks and financial institutions across the world.
The company HQ is in Wimbledon, South West London, and offers an excellent office environment. The company also has satellite offices in California and Sydney to service clients in those regions, with commercial representatives in the US, Greece and Singapore.
Our flagship product is Lendscape, which supports a range of working capital financial solutions such as factoring, invoice discounting, supply chain finance, and asset-based lending (ABL). We are also developing an Asset Finance system, to be launched in 2021, enabling us to support the full range of secured lending products available to businesses.
We have 165 employees globally, who sell, develop, maintain, and support our technology.
The company culture is friendly and supportive, and as an employer, we offer a wide range of benefits including a complete Wellness Plan (health insurance, EAP, Cash Plan, Gym membership, etc.) to attract and retain talent. We also recognise the importance of providing flexible working arrangement and career-enhancing opportunities. We focus on developing all our employees and building a strong leadership team to allow the business to scale.
We believe in supporting the community in which you work, and to that end, we are proud to participate in a wide range of philanthropic efforts.
Please note, the role is currently remote and there is flexibility on the location within the UK, however, there will be a requirement to attend the office once government guidelines permit.
Job role: Developer
Location: London (Wimbledon) – Flexible Remote Working
Salary: £45k – £55k
In this role as a Developer, you will be responsible for building, enhancing, and maintaining the company’s software products. You will be part of a team (i.e. Squad), with a Squad Leader or, as the company requires, seconded to the Delivery or Client Services area to provide technical assistance directly to the customer. You will be expected to develop your skillset on a continual basis to cover the broad technical skills of software development in line with your ability and with appropriate consultation and direction.
- Understand the technical composition of the products and focus upon enhancing this through the creation of code that is clear, well designed, testable and efficient
- Support your squad and other members of the company to achieve good quality outcomes
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of your squad to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to
- Write clear, concise, understandable and documented code according to our current standards
- Make sure all code is fully tested
- Undertake peer reviews of coding, QA, throughways etc. in line with our development life-cycle
- Be able to work at our client’s offices, from time to time, as required and in line with your ability
- Fully understand the tasks assigned to you and proactively ask questions if not sure of what is expected
- Work to agreed time frames
- Liaise with our clients to achieve assigned tasks as required
- Take responsibility for estimating, planning and managing your own work
- Actively support the Company goals
- Actively support and contribute to Engineering’s Manifesto
- Produce clear and concise written documentation as required
- Focus on producing high-quality work in line with our company standards
- Learn and understand the business domain of our clients
Required Skills and competencies
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Proven hands-on software development experience
- Proven experience with unit testing
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Proven experience in the programming language being used
- Experience with Atlassian toolset an advantage
- Experience in using Git
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Experience with microservices an advantage
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Understanding of JVM memory management and garbage collection
- Familiarity with key libraries, like JUnit and Jackson.
We believe in supporting the community in which you work, and to that end, we are proud to have participated in a wide range of philanthropic efforts.
- Private Medical Cover
- Cash Benefits Plan
- Travel Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Family Friendly Policy
- Remote Working Policy
- Flexi Time Policy
- Volunteering Scheme