Outreach and Communities Coordinator (maternity cover to June 2022)
Salary: £21,000 pro-rata – 3 days per week
Reports to: Digital Product Manager
InnovateHer is on a mission to ‘get girls ready for the tech industry and the tech industry ready for girls,’ and we need a new Outreach and communities coordinator to help us fulfil this mission. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be an integral part of our rapidly growing social enterprise. We promise you a vibrant, inspiring and positive working environment with supportive co-workers and plenty of opportunities to grow and develop as the business grows.
As InnovateHer is a fast-growing small Community Interest Company (not-for-profit), with new online services, this is an exciting time to join our small team. This role is newly created and focussed on growing the audiences and communities around our eLearning platform. You’ll have the opportunity to input into how we do things, putting in place new ways of working and coming up with ideas to help improve our processes as we grow.
Your role in our team:
You will play an important role in delivering and coordinating our educational programmes for girls aged 13-16. You will coordinate all aspects of our educational programmes including delivering outreach activities with schools, youth clubs, other training providers, industry mentors and partners, to ensure that our programmes run effectively and that we grow our student user base. You’ll create, set-up and deliver live virtual events to our key audiences to promote our eLearning platform.
You’ll be the key contact for four of our audiences (Students, Teachers, Ambassadors and Parents). You’ll understand how to keep our communities engaged and be proactive in keeping track of frequently asked questions so that we can improve our services.
You have a passion for planning and organising projects or events, with some proven experience in delivering a specific outcome. You are able to prioritise tasks effectively and manage your own workload to ensure everything is delivered on time. You’ll thrive in an output based environment. We need you to be adaptable, flexible, and determined. You stay calm under pressure and focus on finding positive solutions to problems. You’ll be methodical and target focussed, with a keen eye for detail.
You’ll be passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and have a desire to drive societal change and raise awareness of our mission. You’ll be a true collaborator, working with all of our team members to engage and manage our external communities.
You’ll be an excellent communicator and be able to inspire our students in a virtual scenario. You are comfortable writing reports and providing context. You are adept at gathering, analysing and interpreting data to help with our monitoring and evaluation and can manage data safely and responsibly. You’ll be happy taking responsibility for your own projects and deliverables, whilst working closely with the Product Manager.
Crucially, we need a real people-person: someone who can continue to build trusted relationships with a wide range of external organisations and individuals, including the mentors, teachers and companies we have formed partnerships with. You’ll be comfortable with representing InnovateHer at events and also hosting virtual community events on our behalf.
What you’ll do:
- You will organise all aspects of our educational programmes including delivering outreach activities with schools, youth clubs, other training providers, industry mentors and partners, to ensure that our courses run effectively and that we grow our student user base.
- You’ll be the key contact for four of our audiences (Students, Teachers, Ambassadors and Parents).
- You’ll manage and keep our community contact information up to date using various tools. You’ll respond promptly to enquiries from the community.
- You’ll design and deliver engaging virtual events for schools and youth centres to promote our eLearning platform.
- You’ll support the Marketing team and deliver key messages to each community ensuring the tone of voice and messaging matches the audience.
- You’ll attend and engage in other community events around Tech and Education to raise awareness of our work.
- You’ll work with the Digital Content Coordinator to source diverse industry tutors.
- You’ll moderate our student community for safeguarding purposes against our safeguarding framework, including managing student consent forms.
- You’ll monitor engagement across all communities and regularly report back on how the communities are doing.
- You’ll empathise with your communities and be proactive in keeping track of frequently asked questions so that we can improve our service.
- You’ll generate monthly and quarterly reports to let us know how the communities are feeling, using various datasets and analytical tools.
Nice to have:
- Experience of working with teens
- An events background would be advantageous as we think this gives you a good understanding of audiences, organisational skills and working to tight deadlines
- It would be awesome if you had knowledge of G-suite tools (Drive, docs, email), and collaborative tools (Trello, Slack, Zoom, Google Meet). As a remote-first organisation, we rely heavily upon our collaborative tools
- Experience of editing a website via a Content Management System
We are a remote-first organisation, which means that you can work from home or any location in the UK. We have an office base in Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle, at 12 Jordan street. This space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if working from home full time isn’t for you. Once a quarter we’ll ask you to meet with the rest of the team face to face for our planning and strategy days.
What we offer:
This is a part-time role at 24 hours a week. The salary is £21k per annum pro-rata (approx £12,600 per year before tax). The post is maternity leave cover until June 2022.
We provide a laptop (mac) and all the equipment you’ll need to work remotely.
Our team work hard every day to make a difference to people’s lives, particularly the young girls we work with. In return, we are proud to provide our team with a wide range of benefits, including flexible working and a generous annual leave package, which contributes to maintaining a strong work life balance.
- Remote working with the option to collaborate in the office base.
- Flexible working hours – we are an output-driven organisation and we operate on trust.
- 17 days annual leave (part-time allowance), birthday off, plus full office shut down at Christmas.
- Access to our feminist book library!
- A supportive team environment with an open culture.
- Training and development opportunities tailored to your personal development plan.
InnovateHer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All InnovateHer employees will undergo an enhanced DBS check because we work closely with young people. Having a criminal record will not necessarily stop you from being an employee at InnovateHer. However, any information contained on your Disclosure certificate would require further consideration before a recruitment decision could be made. All such cases are fully and fairly considered before a final decision is reached and InnovateHer would normally provide you with the opportunity to discuss, in person, the circumstances of any information revealed.
We are operating a blind recruitment practice at stage one, which means we do not require your name or gender at this stage.
Deadline for applications: 30th June 2021
- Voice Clip recording (3 questions, 10 minutes)
Deadline: 7th July 2021
- Face-to-face interview (virtual)
- 5 minute presentation
Deadline: 19th – 23rd July 2021
Notification of decision: Monday 26th July
Start date: Dependent on notice period
Apply for this role by filling out our application form and submitting your CV. Our first stage is a blind recruitment process so please make sure to remove your name, age and gender from your CV and examples of work.Apply Now Back to listings