Key purpose of the role
This is a hands-on role requiring development capability with the ability to communicate confidently with internal stakeholders. Development required for this role could stretch across multiple areas; database, operating systems, web, software (full stack) – with software and web based being the primary areas. This role carries primary responsibility for the development of client systems working to development briefs.
- Analysing current systems and identifying improvements
- Developing system or application capability where required
- Work to best practice methodologies, minimising impact on production environments at all times.
- Development experience across one or more the following: .NET, PHP, ASP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RESTful web services (JSON, HTML, XML), etc
- Ability to read and write code to ensure it meets required security standards
- Ability to review and complete formal compliance documentation
- Ability to read and follow development tasks
- An understanding of web systems and APIs and how they can integrate into the Systems and IT infrastructure.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python/Ruby, Java, C++
- Experience in networking standards and operation
- Any experience/Qualifications relating to virtualisation/deployment technologies (VMware, ProxMox, AWS, Docker)
- Experience with Power Apps development and BI tools
Person Specification Overview
Qualifications & Training
- Hands on experience of system development & improvement
- Microsoft Office application integration skills.
- Working knowledge of telecoms industry fibre broadband products and services is desireable
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated and driven to meet objectives and milestones.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with an eye for detail.
- Able to liaise and interact effectively with all staff members
- Flexible approach and able to manage varying workload