Service Delivery Agent
Key purpose of the role
This role carries primary responsibility for coordinating new customer service delivery requests, from initial order acceptance through to service activation and billing instigation. Working right across the ITS team, you will work to ensure order details are captured correctly, and that orders are progressed either internally through the ITS project team, or externally through third party suppliers.
You will also keep customers and partners fully updated with order progress, with close attention to delivery timelines and highlighting issues that may jeopardise delivery.
This role will suit candidates who wish to pursue a career in the telecommunications industry with a leading company driving fibre delivered products and services to partners, businesses, and residential customers across the UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day activities associated with customer service delivery
- Handling inbound/outbound calls and emails, updating ITS systems accordingly
- Keeping partners and customers fully updated through the lifecycle of the delivery process
- Maintaining good working relationships with preferred suppliers / partners and ensuring correct pricing applied, working alongside the wider team
- Outbound customer service calls post implementation
- Acting as a “buddy” for Project Managers on major projects ensuring that the administration, coordination and ordering of the projects are successful
- Providing a support service to the service desk during any major service outage
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in accordance with our values and behaviours
- Take active responsibility for your own career development and performance
- Ensure your conduct is within our policies.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned from time to time by their manager or a senior leader.
This job description may vary in consultation with the post holder to reflect changes within the marketplace, the department, or the business.
Qualifications & Training
- Customer service training
Experience & Knowledge
- Microsoft Office application skills
- Knowledge of telecoms industry fibre broadband products and services
- Experience working in a customer service environment
Skills/Abilities & Relevant Competencies
- Analysis, organisation, and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and driven to meet service objectives and targets
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with an eye for detail
- Able to liaise and interact effectively with management, technical teams, and customers
- Ability to listen, empathise and gain customer confidence
- Flexible approach and able to manage varying workload
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or portals
Able to travel to various ITS office locations as requested