Specialist, E-commerce UX Optimisation (CRO / Front end)
You will use industry-leading tools and technologies to devise and run AB tests and personalised campaigns, thinking carefully about how to measure the performance of these tests, monitoring and adjusting them for performance. A strong analytical mindset as well as creative and fresh ideas, therefore, are a must.
The role will also support scoping new features and maintaining all E-Commerce products to ensure a best in class experience for fans globally.
You will work closely with the trading side of the team to ensure that the products available on site are offered to fans in the most relevant and accessible way, and with customer service functions to ensure we respond to the needs and feedback of our global fanbase.
As part of a cross-functional team, you will gain insight into the day to day running of a multi-lingual e-commerce website and have the freedom to explore your own ideas. Creativity and an analytical mindset, therefore, is essential, whilst prior experience is not.
What will you be doing?
Within your role your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Developing the Retail department`s conversion optimisation strategy
- Plan and prototype and AB tests using industry-leading AB testing platform
- Feeding into the Club`s wider personalisation strategy
- Monitoring user journeys to spot points of friction and opportunities for improvement
- Analyse results and collate feedback to be presented to the wider team
- Researching international trends in E-Commerce and stay informed about E-Commerce best-practice and new technologies
- Helping scope new features and assist in the testing of deployments
- Helping problem-solve and troubleshoot bugs and store issues
- Attending local and online seminars relating to e-commerce developments
- Supporting the e-commerce team on ad-hoc tasks to help the team react to current events
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate to join our team who has:
- Ambition; Know that dreams are to be achieved – nothing is impossible. Have the courage to take risks and learn from honest mistakes – it makes us braver next time. Pursue ever-higher goals with your feet on the ground.
- Commitment; Put your heart and soul into everything – go that last mile to do things right. Live by hard graft and continuous self-improvement. Be proud, professional and enthusiastic in all aspects of the Club.
- Dignity; Be true to yourself and trust each other to do the right thing in any given situation. Treat people well, expect nothing back and the pride will flow. Earn respect through honesty and integrity.
- Unity; Believe in each other`s ability and expertise. Work together to bring out the best in each other, in business and in football. Collaborate for the common good, across all our communities
- Can comply with all relevant Club policies, including our Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies;
- Can comply with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements;
- Good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Liverpool Football Club;
- Flexible approach to work at all times.
- A willingness to self-learn and problem solve, specifically in the above languages
- Both a creative and analytical mindset
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team-working skills
- Attention to detail and a good level of written English
Why should you apply?
- This position is full time and involves working 35 hours per week and is based at our Chapel Street Offices in Liverpool.
- LFC is committed to equality and diversity and apply this to our recruitment process. We are also committed to the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, meaning safer recruitment methods are applied (Inc. DBS disclosures) to all identified roles. The Club expects all staff to share our commitments.