We’re hiring for a Mission Design to join our experienced design team here at Lucid Games. We are looking for someone who is creative, experienced and passionate about game design to help us develop an exciting unannounced title. You will be responsible for the development of the core systems that work with the narrative layers in the game to create an exciting player journey.
- Design player progression systems and any other progression system related to PVE and PVP narrative goals.
- Collaborate with the designers towards the game economy (type of resources, use, location, etc)
- Balance and adapt your work based on technical and production constraints, play test results, and comments from cross-functional teams.
- Write and maintain design documentation that will serve as a reference to guide interdependent teams.
- Balance the game (player, enemy, equipment statistics, etc.)
- Shipped a completed title as as a mission / narrative designer
- Strong knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine or similar).
- Awareness of emerging trends and mechanics that inform modern multiplayer game design
- Ability to analyse mechanics and apply them to current game design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including verbal and written skills
- 5+ years experience
- Understanding of post launch processes
- Ability to work autonomously within technical and scheduling constraints
- Resourceful, practical and self-critical thinker
- Understand the importance of analytics
- Supported a game through it’s post-launch life
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us along with your CV to email@example.com
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees