Principal 3D Character Artist
We’re the developer of Playstation 5 Exclusive Destruction AllStars, Vehicle Combat Game Switchblade, and we also work alongside the worlds biggest developers and publishers on some of gamings biggest franchises. In the past year we have developed Destruction Allstars, worked on Apex legends, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order … and that’s just the ones we can tell you about – you never really know what great projects you will have the opportunity to work on here at Lucid!
We are looking for a highly talented 3D Character Artist to create interesting, diverse human characters and to help establish benchmarks & workflows for in-game character models. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious artist to further their career at one of the UK’s largest games studios working on world class games and cutting edge technology.
You have the skill and attention to detail to capture a character’s history and personality in your sculpts. You know what it takes to create vivid characters that still meet the needs of game design and animation. You can sculpt from reference materials, blueprints, concept art and photo-bash material.
You will work closely with our Art Director, Designers, Tech Artists and Animators to set visual and technical benchmarks for in-game characters. You’ll develop outsource specifications for characters, then review and direct the quality of outsourced work so that standards are maintained.
- A high level of proficiency at sculpting, modelling, UV layout and texturing of characters
- Proficient with hair and fur creation with tools like Xgen, Ornatrix, TGhair or other plugins and Hair cards creation workflow
- Deep understanding of anatomy, form, volumes and shape
- Uncanny level of detail and polish visible in your portfolio
- Command of the complete character creation workflow from inspiring sculpt to AAA in game asset
- Experience working with technologies such as ZBrush, Maya and Mudbox
- Experience in creating clean topology for character surface deformation
- Documentation skills and the ability to communicate your processes to others
- An understanding of how human characters express themselves through their physicality, clothing, expression and personal style
- Awareness of current industry trends and techniques
- Understanding of the compromises and constraints inherent in the production of in game art
- knowledge and experience of Facial deformation and FACS based Blendshape setup
- Use of source control environments like Jira, Perforce etc..
- Experience in Substance Painter or similar tools for creating ingame PBR materials
- Expertise working on and developing in engine shaders
- Experience in Unreal 4 Editor
- An understanding of historical and contemporary fashion and style
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us as well as your CV to email@example.com
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.