Principal Technical Artist
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Artist to leverage their expertise in the latest art pipelines and techniques on an exciting new console title.
The successful candidate will work with the art and programming teams to develop and maintain asset pipelines by:
- Working with the art, programming and design team to support their day-to-day roles.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes.
- Helping to develop tools to improve workflow efficiencies for 3D and 2D Artists.
- Share expertise throughout the studio and mentor team members within both the technical and art disciplines.
- Debug and assist fixing art issues within the game.
- Ensure art asset production is efficient at each step through the pipeline.
- Communicate memory and performance budgets and work with the art team to ensure they are followed.
- Be aware of potential risks to the project, bringing them to the attention of management along with viable solutions.
- Experience of using 3rd party engines such as Unreal Engine
- Extensive knowledge of 3D and 2D art and animation pipelines within games, including procedural tools and pipelines.
- Proficiency in 3D art tools such as 3ds Maya or Max and 2D Art tools such as Photoshop
- Fluent in scripting languages such as Python, Mel, Max Script, C#.
- A deep understanding of shaders.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Particular knowledge on VFX systems and pipelines such as Niagara
- Experience with languages such as C++ and HLSL
- Experience on AAA console games
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to any released games, demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees