3rd Line Network Engineer
What you’ll do
- You’ll manage in-life service requests and incidents, detail and implement customer requested changes and acting as an escalation for both First and Second Line support teams.
- You’ll work closely with your colleagues, being a positive communicator and a proactive team member, whilst enhancing the overall team output and ensuring the successful handover of secure, resilient and high performing network services.
- You’ll also closely with our Operations teams to ensure they have the tools, knowledge and support necessary to operate and manage performance on our network.
- You’ll provide onsite and remote support to our technical teams who have critical maintenance and development programs across all tiers of M247s infrastructure.
- You’ll work both independently and as part of a team to answer technical queries, urgently analyze technical issues and address level 3 escalations.
- You’ll be available for out-of-hours support as part of the ‘on-call’ rota.
Your skills and experience
- Proven in a 3rd Line Network Engineer role or similar within an ISP/Comms environment.
- Background in the ISP, telecoms industry or similar, have excellent knowledge of ISP routing protocols and platforms, such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS etc.
- CCNA or similar, with strong MPLS / BGP / OSPF skills and high levels of IP literacy.
- Commercial awareness, attention to detail and collaborative approach.
Nice to have
- Mikrotik and Fortinet skills.
- Cisco service provider qualifications (CCNA-SP, CCNP-SP).
- Implementing wireless solutions (Cisco Meraki).
- ITIL Foundation.
Your package and perks
- £34,000 – £37,500 (negotiable) basic salary.
- Healthcare Cash Plan and PERKS.
- Company Life Assurance scheme offering 3 times annual salary upon death in service.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension with 3% Employer Contribution.
- Access to payable gym classes.
- Free Car Parking (available 24/7 limited spaces).
- Hybrid office and remote working.
- Flexible working accommodated where possible.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- 24 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holidays and extra day to use on your birthday.
- Holiday purchasing scheme (up to 5 additional days).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company sick pay.
- Refer a Friend Scheme – up to £1,000 reward for successful recommendation.
How to Apply:
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.