Junior Infrastructure Engineer
We’re so proud of the people and team at M247; our success and growth are a real joint effort. The key to our amazing team is simple – we focus on recruiting the best person for the job. We then create opportunities and equip you with the skills you need to build a successful career.
Our vision is for M247 to be the digital growth and innovation partner of choice. Underpinned by our heritage in connectivity and unified communications (UC) and advanced by our passion for cloud and application-based innovation, we enable our customers to grow and compete in the digital era.
Every single person at M247 has a part to play in our future success, so we look forward to your application and hopefully welcoming you into our team!
Junior Infrastructure Engineer
Manchester (with hybrid working)
Are you a Junior Infrastructure Engineer and someone who’d love the opportunity to develop your career with market-leading technology solutions business? If so, then read on…
In this role of Junior Infrastructure Engineer you are responsible to take the lead for the implementation and configuration of customer projects, through a variety of project activities from planning, gap analysis through to deployment/migrations, remediation, and handover to Customer. This role plays a key role within the VoIP operation team, including platform migrations, upgrades, and maintenance as well upskilling other members of the team.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work alongside infrastructure and design/architect team to deliver new assets in M247 ecosystem.
- You’ll upskill team members and production of internal training materials and courses.
- You’ll contribute to know errors database. Monitor application systems and manage any errors/issues and escalate accordingly.
- You’ll perform defined daily checks on systems and services provided to users and members, escalating any issues via the relevant process.
- You’ll participate in on-call rotation ensuring we provide 24/7/365 operational support.
- You’ll manage both internal and external stakeholders during high impact incidents.
- You’ll analyse high volumes of data to identify patterns or root cause which are produced to a high standard documentation.
Your package and perks
- £40,000 – £45,000 basic salary
- Healthcare Cash Plan and PERKS.
- Company Life Assurance scheme offering 3 times annual salary upon death in service.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension with 3% Employer Contribution.
- Access to payable gym classes.
- Free Car Parking (available 24/7 limited spaces).
- Hybrid office and remote working.
- Flexible working accommodated where possible.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- 24 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holidays and extra day to use on your birthday.
- Holiday purchasing scheme (up to 5 additional days).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company sick pay.
- Refer a Friend Scheme – up to £1,000 reward for successful recommendation.
Your skills and experience
- Experience working with several types of SBC such as Ribbon/Genband Q20/Q21 and AudioCodes. Extensive experience in the installation, debug, and maintenance.
- Strong understanding of SIP protocol stack, media stream RTP, SRTP and comprehensive experience of Wireshark debugging and packet capture.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding in support of Microsoft’s UC (Unified Communications) software application Microsoft Teams Direct Routing.
- Awareness of Microsoft Teams 3rd Party integrations i.e., Call recording, Contact centres.
- Strong understanding of core telephony concepts including call routing, number manipulation, dial plans.
- Experience of complex calling plan and least cost routing (LCR).
- Knowledge of virtualization such as VMware, KVM, Hyper-V.
- Experience with MySQL databases and scripting experience (Perl, Bash).
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems, networking, and tools.
- Experience with Postman API and scripting, particularly in PowerShell.
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers.
- Knowledge of open-source application such as Kamailio.
- Experience of IP PBX systems.
- Experience of Sangoma Vega Stream and ISDN/SIP deployment.
Nice to have
- SBC vendor qualifications
- MS700 /MS720 /MS740
- 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft Unified Communication
Our established, expanding and exciting values-led business is bustling with diversity, talent and experience.
If you’re looking to develop as a Network Engineer, want to join our team and work with the latest cutting-edge technology we want to hear from you.
Why not join us?
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.Apply Now Back to listings