We’re so proud of the people and team at M247; our success and growth are a real joint effort. The key to our amazing team is simple – we focus on recruiting the best person for the job. We then create opportunities and equip you with the skills you need to build a successful career.
Our vision is for M247 to be the digital growth and innovation partner of choice. Underpinned by our heritage in connectivity and unified communications (UC) and advanced by our passion for cloud and application-based innovation, we enable our customers to grow and compete in the digital era.
Every single person at M247 has a part to play in our future success, so we look forward to your application and hopefully welcoming you into our team!
Are you an experienced Network Engineer and someone who’d relish the opportunity to work for a market-leading technology solutions business? If so, then read on…
In this exciting Network Engineer opportunity here at M247, you’ll be a key team member in our Customer Delivery Team and an essential part of the acceleration of the delivery of customer connections. Here you’ll provide low-level design and delivery services to customers within exacting standards and timescales, whilst working alongside pre-sales engineers to produce bespoke solutions for major household-name customers.
As the ideal candidate, you’re likely to come from a comparable Network Engineer role and worked in an internet service provider (ISP) environment offering internet broadband to business customers, whilst demonstrating a willingness and interest to learn and grow within the role to enhance the operations department. As part of an expanding team, this is an ideal opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in their career.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll provide a high standard of customer service, ensuring the customer’s expectations are met to their specific requirements.
- You’ll manage the configuration and implementation of low-level designs, predominantly Cisco and Fortigate to vendor best practices.
- You’ll proactively manage and support customer solutions ranging from BAU DIA connectivity across multiple access technologies, to delivering wide-scale SD-WAN solutions, providing L3VPN connectivity to customers across a global network, all whilst being able to troubleshoot various MPLS technologies.
- You’ll produce thorough documentation on customer projects and any ad-hoc customer requirements as standard, produced with a high level of detail including the customer topology, design reasons and details to assist support.
- You’ll assist in offsite engineer visits to nearby exchanges and datacentres to perform cabling tasks, this could be racking up additional equipment to patching in fibre cross-connects.
- You’ll provide out of hours on-call support on a rota basis.
Your package and perks
- £30,000-£40,000 (negotiable + pro rata), based on experience.
- Healthcare Cash Plan and PERKS.
- Company Life Assurance scheme offering 3 times annual salary upon death in service.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension with 3% Employer Contribution.
- Access to payable gym classes.
- Free Car Parking (available 24/7 limited spaces).
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- 24 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holidays and extra day to use on your birthday.
- Holiday purchasing scheme (up to 5 additional days).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company sick pay.
- Refer a Friend Scheme – up to £1,000 reward for successful recommendation.
Your skills and experience
- Proven in a similar networking / ISP Network Engineer role, utilising BGP, OSPF, ISIS and MPLS technologies.
- CCNA accredited or aiming to become CCNA/CCNP or equivalent.
- Providing documents and diagrams to a high standard to colleagues and clients.
- Knowledge of the OSI networking model, TCP/IP protocols, Layer 2 functionalities STP, dot1q, QinQ.
- A good understanding of leased lines, EAD, VDSL, EoFTTC and Ethernet is desirable.
Our established, expanding and exciting values-led business is bustling with diversity, talent and experience.
If you’re looking to develop as a Network Engineer, want to join our team and work with the latest cutting-edge technology we want to hear from you.
Why not join us?
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.Apply Now Back to listings