Network Engineer Line 2
Purpose of the role
Network Engineer Line 2 will act as the main point of contact for customer faults relating to the connectivity product portfolios providing break/fix and managed service activities.
To provide specialist support to M247 customers across a portfolio of high-end managed connectivity products on the service desk taking incoming calls, online tickets and emails from our managed connectivity solutions customers to include:
• Managed shared and dedicated firewalls (Fortinet)
• Radio / Wireless
M247 support operates as a 24/7 365 days and engineers will be required to work shifts.
Working as part of a team to deliver customer SLAs
Concentrating on our connectivity solutions customers, pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet the client’s needs.
Provide a specialist dedicated escalation route for issues experienced by our customer base.
Offer ad-hoc and formal support across the service desk to ensure that technical skills are shared with colleagues to assist in providing exceptional customer experience to our customers.
In the event of a major service outage to liaise with all relevant departments, undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
Assist customers with change requests
Proactively monitor the connectivity solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident.
Assisting customers with difficult fault related problems and suggest immediate action to limit damage and to provide restoration of services.
- Extensive experience managing and debugging connectivity solutions provided over DSL/FTTC and Fibre
- Good understanding of BGP, VRFs & HSRP
- Ability to create and support VPNs
- Cisco CCNA Qualification
- Good understanding of troubleshooting with Cisco IOS
- Passionate about customer satisfaction though excellent service
- Enthusiastic to learn and develop within networking
- Cisco CCNP Qualification
- NSE 4 Qualification
- Worked within an ISP or similar role
- Knowledge of Fortinet
- Knowledge of Cisco Meraki
- Knowledge of Juniper
- Knowledge of Radio technology.
The successful candidate will be expected to attend the Manchester offices as and when appropriate.