Purpose of the role
M247 operates as an internet service provider providing bleeding-edge internet broadband to business customers, built around a sophisticated International network infrastructure that we own and maintain. Apart from our superior products, our core differentiator is excellence in customer service.
- High standard of customer service ensuring the customer’s expectations are met to their specific requirements;
- Configuration and Implementation of low-level designs predominantly Cisco & Fortigate to vendor best practice;
- Proactively manage and support customer solutions;
- Produce thorough documentation with a high level of detail;
- Providing out of hours on-call support on a rotating basis;
- Offsite engineer visits to nearby exchanges/datacentres performing cabling tasks.
Recommended personal attributes
- Enthusiastic to learn and develop within networking;
- Clearly spoken and confident in communicating both externally/internally;
- Experience with the following devices: Cisco, Fortigate and Juniper are essential;
- Understands network topologies and can accurately analyse data;
- Passionate about customer satisfaction through excellent service;
- Attention to detail.
- Good understanding of leased lines, EAD, VDSL, EoFTTC and Ethernet (desirable);
- CCNA or aiming to become CCNA/CCNP accredited or equivalent;
- Proven track record of excellent documentation;
- Knowledge of the OSI networking model, TCP/IP protocols, Layer 2 functionalities STP, dot1q, QinQ;
- Experience within a networking / ISP role working with MPLS technologies.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.