We’re looking for an experienced C++11 developer to join our Real-time Engagement Platform development team.
Entertainment and Sport are binding forces that bring people together from all walks of life, to share experiences that create positive commonality in society. We exist to help popular culture become as engaging and interactive as it can be, on behalf of the world’s most loved brands in entertainment, media and sport.
Our goal is to become the world’s number one Real-time Engagement Platform, inspiring and empowering every consumer-facing organisation to build, engage and monetise their audiences directly – ensuring that our favourite shows, sports teams and events continue to innovate their businesses and provide us with joy.
We love solving the creative and engineering challenges that come with serving such big properties. We believe in setting the bar high for innovation, user experience, speed, concurrency, accuracy and security. We challenge the status-quo. We try things. And our history of trend-setting firsts, #1 App Store spots and industry awards, has inspired a generation of interactive entertainment.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in a small team on a long running product which powers massively scalable Monterosa / Interaction Cloud data transport and processing layer. Your responsibilities will involve designing and implementing new components as well as modifying existing components to fullfil functional and non-functional requirements, with the team’s main areas of focus currently on performance, scalability, flexibility and reliability.
Please apply if
- You use C++11 or C++14
- Have experience in networking programming – sockets, unix domain, TCP, websockets, HTTP, long polling
- Have done multi-threading, multi-process, coroutine programming
- Your development experience is Linux based
- You value teamwork
- Generous holidays, plus public holidays
- Extra “Monterosa Mondays” where the whole company takes the same day off together.
- Flexible working and open minded approach to long-term home working
- Modern office spaces in popular locations (when offices are a thing again)
- Pension and Private Health Insurance
- Leisure club membership subsidy
- Annual Conference and Training Budget
- Regular social events
- Good transport links to office locations
As an employer, and in doing business, we believe in fairness over everything else. By joining our team, you’re joining a family with a shared love for pulling off amazing feats and setting the gold standard in our field. But we believe equally in providing a caring and supportive environment that is flexible to your personal needs, your family’s, and your professional ambitions.
Whether you stay with Monterosa for two years or ten, our wish is to ensure you walk in with positive energy and dedication, and come away feeling you grew, learned and made friends for life!
To be eligible for any roles at Monterosa, you’ll need to have pre-existing permission to work in the location where the job is located.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CVs.