Front-End (React JS) Developer
We’re looking for an inspiring front-end React JS developer to take responsibility for architecture and ownership of the team’s web apps.
Entertainment and Sport are binding forces that bring people together from all walks of life, to share experiences that create positive commonality in society. We exist to help popular culture become as engaging and interactive as it can be, on behalf of the world’s most loved brands in entertainment, media and sport.
Our goal is to become the world’s number one Real-time Engagement Platform, inspiring and empowering every consumer-facing organisation to build, engage and monetise their audiences directly – ensuring that our favourite shows, sports teams and events continue to innovate their businesses and provide us with joy.
We love solving the creative and engineering challenges that come with serving such big properties. We believe in setting the bar high for innovation, user experience, speed, concurrency, accuracy and security. We challenge the status-quo. We try things. And our history of trend-setting firsts, #1 App Store spots and industry awards, has inspired a generation of interactive entertainment.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with a (currently home-based) agile development team based in the UK (primarily London and Liverpool) and Europe (various locations)
- Working on a range of massively scalable realtime products and solutions in entertainment and sport
- Taking a full-stack view of your work, including our own in-house platform Monterosa / Interaction Cloud, a socket-based real-time application server cloud
- Our front-end tech stack includes: React JS, ES5/ES6 and CSS3, JS Toolkits including npm, gulp, webpack, babel, AWS
- Finally when you tell your friends what you do, they’ll get it!
You should apply if
- Experience with front-end JS application development, particularly with React JS
- Experience of building mobile-first applications and knowledge of modern devices and browsers
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Git Flow and code reviews via Github/Gitlab
- Good knowledge of security, and security by design best practices
- An appreciation for the value of good processes, good documentation and effective time and resource planning
- An eye for design and the skill to ensure that an app matches its agreed designs exactly
- You like the idea of working in TV production, theatre, music or for sports organisations
- An experienced engineer with passion and drive, a strong communicator, a planner and an innovative problem solver
- Calm, methodical and resilient, you’ve been in some scrapes, planned your way out and can show others how to do the same
- Generous holidays, plus public holidays
- Extra “Monterosa Mondays” where the whole company takes the same day off together.
- Flexible working and open minded approach to long-term home working
- Modern office spaces in popular locations (when offices are a thing again)
- Pension and Private Health Insurance
- Leisure club membership subsidy
- Annual Conference and Training Budget
- Regular social events
- Good transport links to office locations
As an employer, and in doing business, we believe in fairness over everything else. By joining our team, you’re joining a family with a shared love for pulling off amazing feats and setting the gold standard in our field. But we believe equally in providing a caring and supportive environment that is flexible to your personal needs, your family’s, and your professional ambitions.
Whether you stay with Monterosa for two years or ten, our wish is to ensure you walk in with positive energy and dedication, and come away feeling you grew, learned and made friends for life!
To be eligible for any roles at Monterosa, you’ll need to have pre-existing permission to work in the location where the job is located.Apply Now Back to listings