We’re hiring for a number of Tech Lead positions across the business. If you are a seasoned professional in web technologies (React, Node.js, AWS Lambda) or native applications development (Swift, Kotlin, React Native) looking for an opportunity to lead a small cross-functional agile team, delivering products and solutions in the field of Entertainment and Sport, please read on!
Entertainment and Sport are binding forces that bring people together from all walks of life, to share experiences that create positive commonality in society. We exist to help popular culture become as engaging and interactive as it can be, on behalf of the world’s most loved brands in entertainment, media and sport.
Our goal is to become the world’s number one Real-time Engagement Platform, inspiring and empowering every consumer-facing organisation to build, engage and monetise their audiences directly – ensuring that our favourite shows, sports teams and events continue to innovate their businesses and provide us with joy.
We love solving the creative and engineering challenges that come with serving such big properties. We believe in setting the bar high for innovation, user experience, speed, concurrency, accuracy and security. We challenge the status-quo. We try things. And our history of trend-setting firsts, #1 App Store spots and industry awards, has inspired a generation of interactive entertainment.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking responsibility for architecture and technical delivery of the products and solutions in your team
- Managing a (currently home-based) agile development team based in the UK (primarily London and Liverpool) and Europe (various locations)
- Working on a platform which powers a range of massively scalable realtime products and solutions in entertainment and sport
- Taking a full-stack view of your work, including our own in-house platform Monterosa / Interaction Cloud, a socket-based real-time application server cloud
- Collaborate with backend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side application logic
- Working on client libraries and APIs, and implementing a highly flexible complicated UI
- You will be working alongside producers, designers and testers, building products and solutions for the big names globally in entertainment and sports (ITV, Three, BT Sport, Harry Potter, Love Island, EA Sport and many more)
- Finally when you tell your friends what you do, they’ll get it!
Our technology stack
Depending on a team you will be joining, your technology stack will include some of the following:
- Web front-end: React, TypeScript, ES5/ES6, SCSS/CSS3, Webpack
- Native front-end: Swift, Kotlin, React Native, Bitrise
- Back-end: Node.js, Koa/Express, MySQL/Redis/MongoDB, AWS EC2/Lambda
- CI/CD and monitoring: GitLab, Puppet, Docker, Zabbix, ELK
You should apply if
- You’ve worked through the ranks as a developer and have a good technical degree or equivalent, and 5-10 years experience likely in either a technical leadership or technical architecture role now
- Multi-year experience with the relevant technology stack (see above)
- Experience of building mobile-first applications and knowledge of modern devices, browsers and UI trends
- Experience integrating third-party service providers like Facebook, Twitter, Auth0, Twilio, Opta etc.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Git Flow and code reviews via GitHub/GitLab
- Good knowledge of security principles and security by design best practices
- An appreciation for the value of good processes, good documentation and effective time and resource planning
- An eye for design and the skill to ensure that an app matches its agreed designs exactly
- You are an all-rounder who can both architect and lead a scrum team effectively
- You like the idea of working in TV production, theatre, music or for sports organisations
- An experienced engineer, a strong communicator, an innovative problem solver, a planner and a teacher to your team
- Calm, methodical and resilient, you’ve been in some scrapes, planned your way out and can show others how to do the same
- Experience of line management with passion and drive, particularly ensuring your team are happy and motivated
- Generous holidays, plus public holidays
- Extra “Monterosa Mondays” where the whole company takes the same day off together.
- Flexible working and open minded approach to long-term home working
- Modern office spaces in popular locations (when offices are a thing again)
- Pension and Private Health Insurance
- Leisure club membership subsidy
- Annual Conference and Training Budget
- Regular social events
- Good transport links to office locations
As an employer, and in doing business, we believe in fairness over everything else. By joining our team, you’re joining a family with a shared love for pulling off amazing feats and setting the gold standard in our field. But we believe equally in providing a caring and supportive environment that is flexible to your personal needs, your family’s, and your professional ambitions.
Whether you stay with Monterosa for two years or ten, our wish is to ensure you walk in with positive energy and dedication, and come away feeling you grew, learned and made friends for life!
To be eligible for any roles at Monterosa, you’ll need to have pre-existing permission to work in the location where the job is located.Apply Now Back to listings