Monterosa is the leading Real-time Engagement (RTE) platform powering the world’s biggest entertainment and sports properties. We combine live participation such as voting with gamification, interactive video and eCommerce, connecting millions of fans to their favourite brands.
Monterosa / Interaction Cloud is the SaaS platform adopted by ITV, Sky, ViacomCBS, EA Sports, The British Olympic Association, The Jockey Club, and Liverpool FC powering and monetising fan engagement around key properties such as Love Island, The Grand National, The Premier League and Olympics.
We are looking for a talented UI Designer with at least 5 years of aggregated commercial experience to join our Product Design Studio to create amazing user experiences.
Entertainment and Sport are binding forces that bring people together from all walks of life, to share experiences that create positive commonality in society. We exist to help popular culture become as engaging and interactive as it can be, on behalf of the world’s most loved brands in entertainment, media and sport.
Our goal is to become the number one Real-time Engagement Platform, inspiring and empowering every consumer-facing organisation to retain, engage and convert their audiences directly – ensuring that our favourite shows, sports teams and events continue to innovate their businesses and provide us with joy.
We love solving the creative and engineering challenges that come with serving such big properties. We believe in setting the bar high for innovation, user experience, speed, concurrency, accuracy and security. We challenge the status-quo. We try things. And our history of trend-setting firsts, #1 App Store spots and industry awards, has inspired a generation of interactive entertainment.
The ideal candidate will be using their graphic design skills with a flair and originality that’ll make a tangible difference to the outputs of our core Experiences and our Platform – Monterosa / Interaction Cloud.
You’ll assist us in pushing the boundaries of convention and ultimately make our customers sing out loud with delight.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and aesthetically appealing visual designs that address our customers’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineering teams to define and implement innovative design solutions
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Have a keen eye for detail with strong skills in typography, layout, colour and responsive design
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Work with an established design system, maintaining best practices and standards
- Assist with asset requirements from the development team
- Assist the commercial team, designing pitch visuals, decks and assets where required
- Mentor junior members of the design team
- Have a solid design education which covered the fundamentals of graphic design.
- Have 5+ years experience as a visual designer, with a focus on web/UI design, ideally from an agency or product company.
- Have a strong portfolio which demonstrates the ability to create a wide variety of high quality digital designs and products across multiple devices
- Have an excellent working knowledge of tools like Figma, Sketch and others, as well as experience using those tools to create and handover designs to developers.
- Have the ability to rapidly sketch and visualise ideas in the form of wireframes/blockframes to structure and communicate feature concepts.
- Have a good understanding of how to use and apply external brand guidelines to UI design.
- Have a strong understanding of, as well as the ability to create and maintain, component libraries and design systems.
- Have some knowledge in motion design and animating UI components
- Have a passion for designing highly accessible products that serve as broad an audience as possible.
- Be a natural problem solver and clear visual communicator, with the ability to take complex information and present it in appealing and understandable ways.
- Be organised, have an excellent attention to detail, and be able to work on multiple varied projects at once.
- Have exceptional communication skills which allow you to discuss your work with a variety of team members, clients and other stakeholders.
- Be a self starter, with a proactive approach to finding new ways to get the most out of our company and products.
- Have an interest for sports and entertainment
- Calm, methodical and resilient, you’ve been in some scrapes, planned your way out and can show others how to do the same
What’s on offer
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects – creating world-class interactive experiences reaching millions of fans of the biggest entertainment and sports events on the planet
- A small, friendly team where you will have an opportunity to stand out
- Hardware and software of your choice – we never judge your OS or IDE choices
- 4.5 days working week culture – we try and finish early on Fridays
- 25 working days of paid holiday + additional company holidays (we call them Monterosa Mondays)
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home or office (London, Liverpool or Krakow)
- Private health insurance, subsidised gym membership and other benefits relevant to your country of residence
- Substantial annual conference and training budget
- Regular social events, hackathons and meetups
Monterosa is one of the most rewarding and challenging places anyone can work in technology and entertainment. The payback beyond money is achievement, satisfaction and professional growth. We create, we deliver, we achieve immense success through a combination of great ideas, great technology, a passion for entertainment and high performance. With sufficient willpower, the vast majority of new team members go through a positive professional transformation!
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us, so we aim to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. If you prefer to work from home part-time or as a job-share, we’ll make this happen whenever we can – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CVs.Apply Now Back to listings